Sign in to follow this  
willg95vr6

inner tyre wear on rear wheels

anyone got any clues to why i am getting tyre wear on the inside edges of the rear tyres.

the car pulls to the left which may be related, and the rear bushes has been picked up on the mot today but are only slightly worn

thanks in advanced Will

Has it been lowered as it could be related to that??

Have the tyres been swapped from the front to the back??

the car is standard, the pull to the left is more than uk standard. you can feel it pulling all the time. if the camber is to the right then it will go in a straight line.

i have had the wishbone bushes checked and they are fine.

the tyres have not been swapped but the front tyres are 195/15 and the back are 205/15

Huh? You have mismatched tyres? Well that's wrong for a start.

I assume your rear tyre pressures are ok?

The only thing I can suggest is getting a four wheel alignment done. And frankly, if the rear bushes are about to go you'd be much better off getting that done FIRST.

It think the guy that had it before me was on a small bugdet hence the incorrect tyre size on the front.

Any ideas what sort of place would do a four wheel alignment i assume national etc don't. and how much it costs.

tyre wear is equal on both rears on the inside edge, i think the tyre pressures are 30psi

Budget restrictions isn't *usually* what makes you put the wrong size tyres on a car.. It might have saved a few pennies, but really ..

4 wheel alignment is something the dealers are required to be able to do, and maybe a few independants will have the correct equipment. If you ask for 4wheel align in the tyre/exhaust places they will jack the car up and run lasers along the side of the car - which tells you nothing about the rear wheel alignment at all. You want the full geometry cast+camber check.