Sign in to follow this  
Dogzyboy

Which wheels should I buy for my VR?

I'm after some new wheels for the VR but I can't decide what to go for. I've added some pics of the ones I like best. Can you please take a look & give me some advice as to which ones you reckon I should go for.

Cheers

:wink:

BBS RX

Every time for me, they are gorgeous wheels and are in keeping with the car.

Would be good if someone could photshop these for you.

Thanks for all the replies folks. It's looking like a battle between the BBS RX's, the RH AG Cups & the RH ZW1s then!! :?

Rado.001 Good find with those pics, both wheels look great on a Raddo 8) I think the ones on the 2nd car might be the RH AG Cups rather than the RH RW1s. I might actually like the AG Cups better than the RW1s, though only just!!

The missus likes the RX’s best as the RH’s are ‘Too Chunky’ apparently! To be honest, I can’t even believe she was entertaining the idea of me getting new wheels!!

:lol:

What about BK racing 299, look cool on mine, (see avatar) although I am gonna do the centers black over Christmas and polish the rims

From that selection I would choose the lightest one, which is the BBS RC.

The ZW1s are a rather podgy 24lbs each and you will definitely notice that - in a bad way.

From that selection I would choose the lightest one, which is the BBS RC.

The ZW1s are a rather podgy 24lbs each and you will definitely notice that - in a bad way.

Hmmnn... :? Any idea what the BBS RC weighs in at for a comparison?

Aren't the RC's on of the lightest 17's you can get? They looks superb imo, i am biased for the chunky look but i still love the look of RC's on a C 8)

I dont reckon either of the RHs are in keeping with your Storm.

Dont get me wrong they are nice wheels and i can imagine them on a heavily modded VR turbo or such alike but not on a Mystic Storm.

Weight is the issue on the ZW1, and probably the reason I wouldnt buy them even though they look the best. I am liking some of the compomotive or even O.Z. basic style 5-7 spoke wheels, light and OEM.

I guess I just fell in love with this pic of A20 Lee's motor & imagined mine with the same wheels really! :)

I get what you are saying though Goldie, maybe they are not quite in keeping? Can't decide :?

RC's (biased) i bought some OZ hydras for the girlfriends ibiza about 5 months ago, and the lacquer is looking brownish on the spokes, will be complaining at halfords when i get a day off over xmas,

Second picture Rado.001 posted is my old car with AG cup's, similiar to ZW1,s but not split rims. Hence alot cheaper, i'd go for BBS RC's now.