Sign in to follow this  
OSV

New look for wheels (how about wider LOL)

OK I have a satin silver VR6 and i'm lucky enough to have my no1 choice of wheels. I have 2 mint unmolested sets and a custom set to play about with. During the past year I have been running the custom set with black centres and polished rims, but thought I might change things around a bit for next year.

What are your thoughts, keep them black, perhaps with gold bolts.

Polish the faces and detail between the spokes (grey, gold or black)

Silver or polished centres and dishes etc

Lets hear what you think please

Three.jpg

Worthersee2005027.jpg

BBS_RS_301.jpg

personally, I think the black is a little OTT against the silver (sorry!!).

But I think they would look lush, with gold bolts, gold inners (like red BBS above) and a gold BBS centre cap. Or silver (may be too subtle??).

Cheers

Andrew

only wa y u can improve them stunning wheels is the chrome them :wink:

gold bolts look cool on black centres too like i was running @ mania if you remember, but gold on silver centres dont imo

Im with Furkz on this one. Ive seen all types of styling on these, but IMO. you just cant beat the mirror polish/chrome effect.

What's wrong with the finish BBS supply them in?

I think they look best like that, or with black centres on a red car like the MK1 cab sportline. Seems a shame to muck about with them with tacky gold bolts.....imo.

You of all people should appreciate the 'less is more' ethos Gareth!!

I prefer them in the factory finish but I have my bases covered in that dept. and then some and the majority of the time the car will be running the stock RS 301s.

The set that are currently black are a 'spare' set that I can experiment with a use occasionally for shows.

Tempted by polished or chromed centres or black with gold bolts on one side of the car and gold centres on the other.

Try the gold bolts first with the wheels as they are and take it from there if you think you can improve on that Gareth. Personally I think from standard to any combination you've suggested will look great. It's all down to personal choice in the end.

Didn't win that set on e-bay btw.

Polished lips, polished faces with just the inside of the faces detailed in black. and crome bolts, wouldnt do what the red bbs has done with the centre cap tho, that should just be polished like the faces. and then a black bbs badge

quick edit

go wider as well!!!

OK, as you may have guessed I’m playing around with ideas. The truth is the car itself isn’t changing, it is simply put as it needs to be! There is no real consensus on the wheels which is just as it should be,but its interesting to hear opinions. So here are a couple of pics of the black wheels fitted to the car. Both are 8x17 ET 27 with 205/40 tyres. However the rear is running a 10mm spacer, this was to replicate running 8s up front and 8.5 rear. If I went this route it would mean 195s stretched up front on the 8s and 205 on the 8.5 for a similar stretch out back. This would be just for a bit of fun as I probably prefer the 7.5 standard rim all round but for a quick swap it gives a whole new look, thoughts?

BackatSchool036.jpg

BackatSchool037.jpg

Just like to hear peoples opinions really, as I was sold on this idea in the Summer but have probably dismissed it, up to now think the black set can stay as they are with perhaps a quick polish of the rim and rechrome of the bolts, they will only see the car once or twice in 2007 as its the turn for the factory finish rims.

I know its hard to hear but leave it as it is, i dont think you can improve it any further as its perfect. Always tempting to change things but you cant improve on perfection.

I think the black centres contrast really well against the colour of the car so i believe you should leave them be.

Definitely agree with g-man that Gold is a no no.

Gorgeous car OSV, if i were ever to change my wheels itd be for something like these as your car is the OEM+ look to the letter.