Sign in to follow this  
PhatVR6

Did you know that VAG do a baffled sump for the VR6?

Dunno if it'll fit yet, but I don't see why not. Audi A3 3.2 V6 , alloy sump, but it it a shallower profiule, and has plastic baffles in it. You'd have to use the shorter oil pump too, but could be an option for any track day goers out there (my oil light came on a few times at croft on my 4Mo)

I didn't know this, but I have wondered why it's so difficult (i.e. not possible) to get a VR6 sump from GSF, ECP, etc, etc. I've got this job on my list for next year and it seems like I'll need to go to the dealer.

Anyone know how much a VR6 sump is from VW and why you can't seem to get them elsewhere?

Also, should I consider replacing the oil pump when the sump is done?

Er, apologies for hijacking your thread! :)

Id be interested to know if it fits PHATVR6, ive had my oil light come on when ive been driving quickly, i was even thinking of trying to mod my oe one but the oil pump being too long was the main problem i was goin to have to overcome !

Jimmi.......................

VR sump from VW is about £40... thats much cheaper than the 8v item!

Supercharged, I'm just this minute back from the dealer (on hols) and forgot to ask that while I ordered a selection of obscure parts. Duh!

Thanks for letting me know.

I wonder why nobody else lists them. Maybe there's not enough profit on them?

my bike has a dry sump

basically the oil is stored in a tank up on the back of the engine. this drains down to feed the main oil pump. there is still a sump on the engine, but it's very very shallow, and has a scavenging oil pump to take the oil and pump it back up the the tank.

benefits being, there is no oil surge as the sump is always full, and much improved ground clearance (as onmy bike the exhuasts go under the engine.