Sign in to follow this  
quicky1980

Body shop problem

how much would a mint job cost? and what am i to expect for £1500, ie should ALL stone chips be sorted? etc etc

whats the standard time spent on a respray and what is the standard going hourly rate to do it?

how much for materials?

thanks

Went to see it again yesterday and still not happy even after he said he would sort out any problems.

As I looked around and fitted some parts back on i noticed more imperfections and even worse loads of sanding scratches under the paint where he fitted the new rear wing!!!

totally fed up now, Ive lost all my enthuisiasm in my car. Once again fed up!

deffinately dont want to pay him the full amount dont even wanna give him anything for the hassle he's caused me.

grrr!!!

like mentioned earlier don't pay until until your happy, to get rid of deep scratches where the repaired arch has been welded in, means sanding back the panel. Then starting by using primer filler and flattening the panel down again so its perfect before applying the base coat then the laquer. Try find a garage that deals with restorations for older cars as i've found that the painters tend to take more pride in their work and will be willing to show you examples of their work.

Dude,

If the paint has runs - then he isn't a painter.

I was quoted 1500 for a complete respray from a proper bodyshop.

It all depends where you take your car, one guy I knew had a paint shop and he quoted 3000 - but then again his customers are the BMW and Mercedes garages, and I know what a Lamborghini and Ferrari looks like when it stripped down, people would take their cars to him to be restored.

I wouldn't expect to pay 1500 unless it was a very good job - and yours isn't.

quicky1980, was the bodyshop I put you onto any use? I ask since I might need some work doing on my driver's side wheel arch to weld it and paint it where some rust's getting in.

Hope you get it sorted.