Sign in to follow this  
boy bernard

Front bumper

I want to smooth the front bumper on my rado, is it best to get the three spaces plastic welded ip or just get jiggy with a smeg load of fibreglass.

Thanks

Bernie

Id ask some of the guys who have already done this but i believe it is a plastic weld job and a bit of fibreglassing.

i plastic welding the recess first then skimmed it with some plastic padding fibre glass, heres some pics of mine.

Picture088.jpg

Picture086.jpg

Picture085-1.jpg

tried the fiberglass/filler a few times and it kept cracking ,plastic welded it in the end then skimmed with filler and its still okay 12 months on

Plastic welding then a thin skim of filler/fibre glass is the only way to do it properly !!!!!

I got a bodyshop to do mine as id probably screw it up but im told that plastic welding is really easy :wink:

I know someone who filled the holes of a Mk3 with blocks of wood, god only knows how much filler over the top then varnished the wood that poked out the back of the bumper :roll: :roll: :roll: Only took a week to crack :lol:

yeah no probs mate, the one i've done is actually a late spec one (in the pics) if i don't use it then i'll pm you