Sign in to follow this  
ninoG60

exhaust studs

2 questions

one is have they modified the exhaust stud sizes for the G60 as the ones that VW sell are only 35mm long, whereas im sure the ones i took out were 45mm long. Maybe they use these new studs without the washers?

2nd one is, are the heads for the digifant PB engine the same as the G60 except for the addition of a feed for the charger and different cam?

Cheers

ps any tips for gettin the old ones off? one has snapped in the head,the others are being a pain, gonna replace all 8 need to get 3 more out!

:D

According to ETOS the studs should be 35's altho it's not always correct!

The head is similar but the G60 has sodium filled valves and extra porting on the exhaust outlets...

PG and PB heads are different castings and they are different in details such as the alloy used and later the inlet ports were a different shape. I won't interchange them just in case, but I have seen it done and with no apparent ill effects. The exhaust valves are sodium cooled on a PG and are also 0.25-mm longer.