Sign in to follow this  
Mancorr

Housing door speakers

I have looked behind the speaker grills of my Raddo only to find there are no speakers :( This really is not the end of the world as i have some Kenwood 13's (5 1/4"s) to live in there. Also no wiring for speakers so i guess the door cars are going to have to come off to do the wiring. Thing is when i slid the door speaker covers off there looks like there is no where to house my Kenwoods. The MK2 Golf has slider kind of things on the back of the door speaker grills....my Raddo has nothing! How and where do i fit my speakers in the doors?

Any help would be great :)

I cant afford them mate :( Also they are normally for 6's, ive got 5 1/4!! I like sound from the front of the car. My Raddo has come with a stealth shelf with MB Quart 6X9's in it (shelf and speakers are going on e.bay as need money to repair my Raddo roof!!) I could just have the dash speakers running and 6X9's prev' owner left in but i want tunes up front! When looking behind grills there seems to be nothing for the Kenwood door speakers to attach to?

130 quid is a bargin for what they are and James could make them to suit your 5 1/4" if you want. Forget rears and dash speakers, get a decent setup in the doors and work from there.... personally i will be fitting components in the doors and a sub in the back ... nothing else needed!!! And that's cause I like sound up front :)

My car has come with 6x9's in the back an I havent even looked at them cause i ain't interested especially if you want sound up front :roll:

Seriously the pods are the only way to go if you want decent sounds as you have seen the original C pods for yourself :lol:

FYI - The Audioscape pods are usually for 6.5" drivers, but as they're all hand-made they can make the hole smaller if you like.