Sign in to follow this  
dnac

Gauge Instalation

Hi, My wife bought me some real cool gauges for Christmas (the ones that are all black till turned on!), anyway, I want to fit an Oil Pressure, and Oil Temperature Gauges, but are unsure where to fit the senders.

Can somebody help please?

Also I think the guy from SWG motorsports was working on a two gauge plate for the ashtray position, do you know if he has started on its development yet?

Thanks

Dave

I've got some of those gauges in mine, like crasher said, it depends on what engine you have. if it's a g60, there's a couple of senders on the top of the oil filter, I used a union on one of these. Not sure, but think valvers may be the same, no idea about vr's though.

Dave

Replace the brown (sometimes blue) oil pressure sender on the oil filter housing for a VDO M10x1 0.3 bar pressure sender which has a gauge connection (G) and a connection for the original oil pressure wire (WK). These senders are available from any VDO retailer but there are two pressure ranges, 0 to 5 or 0 to 10 bar, depending on the scale of the gauge. If you wish to maintain your original MFA oil temperature reading, you will need to install another sender in the blanked off outlet on the oil filter housing using a M10x1 NTC resistance sender such as VW number 049 919 563 A.

Thanks for that Crasher, but is there anywhere in the block i can screw them? rather than removing the other sensors?