Sign in to follow this  
rocket

Wiring up slime line fan

im doing a mk2 conversion and im installing a corrado rad with a slimline fan , i have searched the forum and i have found that speed 1 , 2 will be ok but how do i wire it up to run in this setup ????

do i nip the end off the wire that went into the vw fans and wire it up to that if so any ideas which pins ???? need to go to which wires ???

Slime line fans? :lol:

Anyway, just wire it/them up to speed 1 on the VW plug.

You can find out which is which easily enough by using a multimeter and probe the pins in the plug.

Slime line fans you not heard of them there the new rage ....

daft question what am looking at with the multi meter ????

Voltage. If you bridge the connection in the radiator sender (to simulate it switching the fan on), stick your voltmeter red prong (black to earth) on the connectors in the fan plug. One of them will show 12V+, that will trigger your slime line fans :-)

Or an easier method would be to just hook the fans straight into the rad sender. Just depends how original/neat you want to keep the wiring.

right got my fan and got my hose's so i put it all together and bridge the connector getting nothing at the fan end no 12v on any wire's the old fans did work but only on after run , thought this may have been down to a blown rad ???? any body help ???