Sign in to follow this  
dr_mat

Fog lights.

Hi all,

Question - can someone check for me on their early-style fog lights

what the part numbers are stamped in the bottom of the GLASS itself?

I wonder if they're interchangeable with late-style, and suspect they are.

Cheers,

Matt.

I made the mistake of asking someone to get me a fog light, as he insisted he could get them cheaper than I could, specifying the year etc of the car L' 93 and ended up with the earlier fog lights. :(

They didn't fit at all because of the shape and plastic surround that holds the indicator if I remember rightly but maybe someone on here as managed to get them to fit?! But why?!?!? Is it just the cost difference?! :?

I'm thinking specifically about the part number of the glass, not the part number for "fog lamp". The late Corrado fog lamp has one part number, but the glass has it's own part number that is internal to Hella. I've not yet asked my guy at Hella if they can source the Glass individually, but I will do so if I can find out that it's a common part.

So if anyone can go crouch in front of their C and read the number embossed on the inside of the glass on their early-type fog lamp I'd appreciate it! :)

Cheers,

Matt.

Matt,

dubster82 has fitted late spec fogs lights and indicators to his G60 with no probs, just requires a little modification. Not sure wgere the details are on here but if you PM him I'm sure he'll help you out. Hope this helps 8)

I'm trying to do it the other way around.. Buy early spec (read cheap) fog lamps or glass and fit it to a late-spec surround. Should just need to get some silicone sealant to keep the glass in place in the surround - but the trick is sourcing the glass.

Anyone?