Sign in to follow this  
trudubrstu

back in a 'rado

hi

after 10 yrs with my then minty mk1 gti, i just had to have a change; thought about a tt, mod a mk4 turbo, lupo gti, blah blah blah...but after briefly owning a valver C a few yrs ago, i just had to have another - and when this '94 vr in midnight blue with heated grey cow popped up locally - (with a rebuilt head, grand odd at C&R recently on the suspension,powerflexing, and this and that..) at a good price i just had to have it! hasn't given me any brief yet (touchwood!) in the first 6 weeks of ownership - but i've added smoke/red tails,smoked sides,cat-back magnexand a fresh touch of paint to the drivers door (bubbled up on bottom) /tlc to the bodywork - its had a mop & polish as well. Previous owner was Club Gti, so i've got him to thank for the large bills in his ownership that include 40mm weitec kit (impressive - even after koni's...),powerflexed wishbones,rack, and the head rebuild, a k&n panel fliter and a debadged grille and general looking after - car has a good history, all it's docs/supplying dealers stuff, a well stamped book, an untouched first aid kit,triangle and the spare has seen action maybe twice - only thing not working is the slide on the roof (surprise there then!)

future plans include - getting my angel eyes on, 17" bbs rx, schrick 'n cams (or maybe a 'charger...) and a lot more general tlc/tidying - roll on the decent weather eh?

so glad i didn't buy a girlie tt now - vr howl is as addictive as they all say, and the handling is awesome :D

PICT0269.jpg

PICT0273.jpg

PICT0272.jpg

PICT0271.jpg

PICT0270.jpg

cheers for the comments fella's

hub - 205 gti is a 1.9 on a l reg (must be one of the very last), owned by my dad since new....and has 174bhp :shock: he took it to bbr/gti engineering when it was only 3 yrs old - local garage said they have never had a car in yet that had such low emissions! truly a credit to bbr's engineering skills - it's seriously rapid, and bar the koni kit and magnex looks standard - now coming up to 100k with not one problem yet! peugeot sure as hell don't make 'em like this anymore......

...heres my old mk1 (i miss it a bit still)

PICT0150.jpg

done2.jpg

done1.jpg

nice mk1,

you miss it a bit still????

i would miss it a hell of a lot especially one as nice as that!!!!!!

rado looks nice and tidy

Superb selection of motors! Really! VR looks like a real champ but the 205 GTI sounds lethal!!

hey, if you like that lot.....check what lives in the garage.....

PICT0277.jpg

PICT0280.jpg

it's a '97 993 twin turbo with the x50 factory upgrade (430bhp :shock: ) owned by my 66yr old dad, who i'm glad to say drives it like he stole it ha ha! regularly tracked at snetterton, brands and goodwood - driven it once, and can say it's accelerates like a sports bike! guess you can see where i get my love of german machinery from...

I was gona say yr rado looks sweet (which is does) but the porka.. god damm.. dont you ever feel like taking it for a spin? I no what I'd drive more :lol:

I was gona say yr rado looks sweet (which is does) but the porka.. god damm.. dont you ever feel like taking it for a spin? I no what I'd drive more :lol:

:lol: :lol: yeah!, that's been a topic of conversation many a time! reckon he makes a note of the miles before he goes on holiday.....know i would :wink: - ever seen that film "risky business" when Cruise takes his old mans 928 for a spin and it ends up in the drink? be about my luck :lol:

vr6storm - if you're ever in suffolk, sure he'd take you for a spin! :)

Lovely collection there, big fan of 205s and the Porsche, well its been said already.

Very nice MK1 also, id have found it hard to get rid of that...

been quite busy with mine past month or so - angeleyes on (love this mod - so much nicer than the old one, lupo wipers on (essential! - and the best mod yet imho) new indicators (a relative bargain at 26 quid a side o.e.m from eurocsrparts) new gearknob (o.e. and 22 quid from vag - bargain!)

had my first bash at detailing! used a combo of zymol,meguiars and pinnacle products - very impressed with the results.....took 3 days over it!

PICT0339.jpg

PICT0340.jpg

PICT0337.jpg

PICT0334.jpg

PICT0336.jpg

PICT0333.jpg

yep...looks and feels like glass - my hat goes off to the pro detailers - it's serious effort and took me best part of 3 days as my arms/hands felt like they were gonna fall off :lol: