Sign in to follow this  
smudge

leather seats

Any suggestions for treating the leather seats of my Corrado. I have heard that products for sale in Halfords have lots of chemicals in them that can dameage the leather. I also don't want the seats to go a shinny much prefer the matt fininsh. Oh and how often should I treat the seat is yearly ok.

Thanks

Smudge

Smudge,

I did mine by cleaning them all down with Autoglym leather cleaner, and then remoisturising them with Autoglym cream. Took all morning and to be fair the stuff smells like s****, but it did bring them up a treat. In fact I am going to do the same again this weekend :D

Cheers

*****mod edit***** swearing-vr6storm

Total agreement with Ice White Socks (great logon userid),good stuff the Autoglym...I use it on mine and it gives it a heathly look again-unfortunately you do have to put some work in but its worth it!

John

Can use the SWISSOL leather care products, they are quick to use and give an excellent result. Best to feed the seats at least once a year, but you should make sure that you clean them first with the companion cleaning products first.

Also best to feed the seats when the seats are warm, like at the moments when the car has been sitting in the sun for a while, not when the seats are cold.

John.