Sign in to follow this  
KADVR6

Alcon Brakes

anybody tried these?? i was speaking to a mate who i have known for years, not seen for a while though. he is the new production manager at Alcon. started speaking about my car, he mentioned if i ever needed better brakes he could get a very very good discount (possible group buy) but are they as good as brembo's etc etc.

cheers

Karl

My Racing Puma had Alcon brakes, fantastic when they were warm - expensive to maintain, needed a £300 service every 12 months, sure this was down to the spec of brake that Ford required rather than it being an intrinsic problem with Alcon brakes..

Would certainly be interested in a Group Buy.

£300 service every 12 months? Obviously not using proper dust seals then, or they're pants.

I met a VR owner at Ragley one year and he said the Alcons on his were pretty much obsolete and pads were expensive and hard to get hold of.

Stick to known brands is my advice.

fitted alcons to my old s2, very good bit of kit but very track/racing orientated, no dust seals whatsoever. VERY VERY expensive, seperate bells and rotors. Never managed to get a good compromise with the varying stes of fast road pads i tried.Ended up selling them and changing them for porsche 996 monoblocks and used Hawk Mild track pads. Very good.

Gav