Sign in to follow this  
Mancorr

Sunroof....help!

Dont know if i should have put this in the 'interior' section 'cause its kind of interior and exterior :lol:

My sunroof is playing up! Sometimes it works, sometimes it does'nt. I press the button and it moves then stops, then nothing....so a half open roof! Then it may decide after a few pushes on the button to move back to closure.....what could it be?

take the switch out and conect them by bridging them out to see if that works, if it does then you probebly got a faulty switch

dirty contacts in the switch maybe ? why the hell are you using it this time of the year anyhoo ? :-)

pull the cover and check the switch out as above

why the hell are you using it this time of the year anyhoo ? :-)

:lol: :lol: Its just this is the first electric sunroof i have ever had in all the cars ive owned....and not long having my Raddo i want to play :) The sunroof does not have a cover, no headlinging on it, might go and take a pic now as my phone has a flash and see if it comes out ok to put a pic up. The switch seems like its been out as its not in there nice and tight.

make sure the motor is in tight because if it isnt aligned properly it wont drive correctly which could give the problem you describe ;-)

not sure what car you have , early or late interior

but see in the pic of mine , the interior light panel pulls down (iirc you need to pull the light out first

) and the motor is behind there , there should be an allen key there aswell (clipped on the motor) as you can manually wind the motor in case you get stuck with it open

The grey thing wont pull over....it just stays put?

have you got a sunroof liner ? not sure i'm reading what you wrote correctly but is it pushed back into the roof ? see the silver arms on each side (in my pic) ,if the roof is back you will need to lift these up as you pull the liner forward or the liner will catch

hth

Just checked out your pics GIXXERUK and found this......

P1010J030.jpg

Ive never seen a glass roof in a Raddo before :o looks 8)

I think i have a sunroof liner. Its very simular to sunroofs ive had in prev' cars with the slider. To get the slider out as in covering the inside of the roof does the sunroof have to be all the way back? I looked at the slider and it is held by a pin kind of thin either side.

Thanks for your help mate :)

no mate ,iirc the sunroof needs be in the tilted position to put the liner back , can you get a pic of the roof from the same position as my pic ? what is the liner catching on ? usually you need lift the front of the silver sliders on each side and slide the liner under them

download this attachment it might give you better idea of whats in there :wink:

We have fitted a few glass Sunroofs to corrados in our time :lol:

Have you got a spare glass one Nik'....no worries if not i will still be over for your expert hands to fix my Raddo :)

Hmmmm....strange! If i take the switch out (still connected to wiring) the sunroof works....push it back in and it messes about, ie the sunroof will sometimes open, sometimes not, stopping half way etc..... strange ey? When i took the switch down i noticed the positive wire has a connector block with a wire leading to the interior light and one to sunroof loom so i think it has been played about with in the past :?

Headlining doesn't look to happy either.

If you want the interior panel I have a spare one.

aye i was on about both , i would replace both ! the headling looks like a home made job , looks as though someone has shoved a tent up there :shock:

only a couple of hours to replace the whole lot, give it a clean with some vanish powershot before you put it in

the headlining is rigid with a card back to it but that looks like an old duvet cover :wink:

We have fitted a few glass Sunroofs to corrados in our time :lol:

Have you got a spare glass one Nik'....no worries if not i will still be over for your expert hands to fix my Raddo :)

Afraid not but we'll try and get hold of one for you

Hmmmm....strange! If i take the switch out (still connected to wiring) the sunroof works....push it back in and it messes about, ie the sunroof will sometimes open, sometimes not, stopping half way etc..... strange ey? When i took the switch down i noticed the positive wire has a connector block with a wire leading to the interior light and one to sunroof loom so i think it has been played about with in the past :?

We can have a look when you are here if you like :) We deffo have an early switch knocking about.

Headlining doesn't look to happy either.

If you want the interior panel I have a spare one.

aye i was on about both , i would replace both ! the headling looks like a home made job , looks as though someone has shoved a tent up there :shock:

only a couple of hours to replace the whole lot, give it a clean with some vanish powershot before you put it in

the headlining is rigid with a card back to it but that looks like an old duvet cover :wink:

He is coming down here weekend after next to have a new headlining and sunroof panel fiited :)