Sign in to follow this  
dubboy

4x100 et40 ?

Would I have any problems fitting 7.5x17", wheels with 205/40/17 tyres and the ofset of 4x100 et40 on my G60? If so how low could I drop the suspension before I encountered any problems.

Just that I have found a place that will do Azevs at a very reasonable price.

Hi,

You would get alot of scrubbing if you could actually get them on, you really need a wheel no wider than 6.5" other wise you going to get alot of probs + you certainly wouldnt be able to drop it without alot of work to the arches.

Sorry mate. :(

I had a set of 7.5x17 BK 5-spokes with 205/40/17 Yokos on my 1990 16valver. They were ET35 and caught the outer arch on the rear but I just tapped the lip back and cured it.

You could get an ET40 on if you were determined but it's not a good fitment really. A 205/40/17 tyre isn't really wide enough for a 7.5 rim either and the rim will stick out further than the sidewall and get scraped every time you even look at a kerb!

If you've gotta have 17s then aim for a 7x17 ET35 or 38 :wink: .

how wide can a spacer be before it starts to accelerate wheel bearing wear beyond a reasonable level?

i will be in the market for new rims eventually and i planned to aim for something that would be just about right, but maybe not quite as wide as i want so i can play with spacers to bring the wheels out to where they should be.

imo, the 'A20 LEE' car has the perfect 17"s for stock wheel wells: RH Cuprader EVO's 8.5x17, 32mm offset with 205/40/17 Toyo T1-S.

a20lee.jpg

I have a 1991 1.8 16v, Its lowered 40mm and is running 17x7.5 BK299's 37 offset. I have no probs whatsoever in fact I have a 1 3/4 inch gap between tyre and wheel arch more on the rear wheels.

By the way BK299's look sweet as hell on a corrado check them out I cant stop looking at them :)

I nearly bought a Corrado with Bk299's on, they look gorgeous!

Shame they don't do them in 16's, a least I can't find any in 16" ?

There seems to be a little confusion with the offset debate.

The offset or et is the distance in mm from the mounting face of the wheel to the centreline of the wheel (width in profile).

The higher the figure the further inboard the wheel sits.

The lower the figure the further out the wheel sits.

This only applies to one piece wheels really as on split rims you can alter the offset by bolting new rims on.

The above reason is why the US market used to use 'back spacing' as a fitment guide.

This is the distance between the mounting face of the wheel to the inner lip of the wheel (usually measured in inches).

So, basically, the higher the offset the more likely to touch suspension, inner arches etc.

The lower the et the more likely they will catch on the outer arch.

Hope this is of some use to some people.

:shock:

hi,

i am running 7" with a et of 42 no probs and the car is really low, although i have coil-overs which are narrower than standard suspension, therefore giving me more clearance at the rear of the wheel,

i used to have 7.5" with et35 and they where ok with minor arch mods.

if you bought the wheels and found that they did nt have enough clearance with the suspension you could always use spacers to get them to fit correctly.

My turn, I run 7x17 with 35mm offset, they catch the outer arches a little but it's fine as mine has the suspension set a bit low and too soft but it's comfortable!

Chris

so 7x17 et 35-38 is a safe bet if i'm lowering it about 40mm

Upto et 40 should be fine with 205 40 17 tyres.

If you need to space the wheels (which most wheel manufacturers wont recommend) just make sure you get six full threads of bolt into the hub and it should be fine mate.

Matt

the wheels on mine were fitted by the previous owner,should they be stamped with they,re offset cant really find any clues? is it easiest just to measure em?

thankyou,i shall check that in the mornin,front n/s wheel is scrubbin the arch liner and driving me mad,just lifted it up a little too! funny cos the o/s well clear of the arch???