Sign in to follow this  
StuartFZR400

Santa sucks!!

Come xmas day I found that with age comes fewer presents and to my surprise a lack of chocolate. However I soon perked up when I found that the GF had bought me the best xmas gift so far... a day out on a Rally course. Whooohooo, oh yeh !!

Later that day we came home from the parents to find my Corrado sitting there looking sorry for its self. Some half wit had decided to put a deep gouge/dent into the passengers (nearside) wing. No note or phone number was left and hence I was fuming mad. As Im only 3rd party insured I had to ask the missus if she was able to refund the Rally day to help me get the C fixed. Hence Im now looking for a wing too.

Thanks Santa you fat b****, mind where you park your sleigh.

:(

Sorry to hear about the damage. Where has the good will to all men gone :roll: I don't think it was Santa, as he was delivering to me at the time!

wait till next year and as soon as he comes down your chimney, beat the crap out of him with a baseball bat, and if you get caught you can just say you thought it was a burglar and it was self defence.

what do you think SANTA is an anagram of? its no coincidence they both wear red.

Bashing a car and leaving the scene without trace is like vandalism. Vandalism is like stealing. Im just gobsmacked this happened in a quiet residential area - its not as if its in Coventry. It was infact a quiet mini-Tesco carpark, dead at night, empty and about 10 spaces away from the entrance, ie alone.

Nahh Bill, there are no trolleys at this MINI tesco. The other shops are shut and also are too small to have trolleys.

If you look at the damage, you can see its taken a heafty whoomp!!

Whoever hit my car, certainly felt it and must've panicked and driven off. The scratch lines suggest that the drove into it (the wiggly line) and then realised and swiftly reversed off (straight line scratch). I was barely in the shop for 3 minutes, simply buying some M&M's. I daren't go there again, even for milk, in fear of having the car 'vandalised' again.

HPIM0256_thumb.jpg

ps - yes the BBS will be getting a refurb come summer. ;)

Doesn't look like NEEDS a new / secondhand wing mate, that looks quite easily repairable to me, bout £100-£120. However, for all the cost of a second hand wing, £30-£50, might be better to fit that and get it sprayed, prob bout £120-£150 tops,

Good luck with whatever you decide.

Doubt very much that my local bodshop would want to tackle that large dent, due to it being on the style lines - very hard to achieve. Then, once made perfect - if possible - you'd have to spray it.

Therefore I assume its cheaper to find a second hand wing, rub it down to bare metal my self and then get it fitted and sprayed.

It also works out cheaper that way because Im alreay getting the bonnet done from other bad luck and part of the quote was to blend the paint into both wings - so I hope he is willing to do the entire wing for no (or little) extra cost. I presume the fitting will be the worst bit?

As for NEED, there are two reasons: a) I want it back to looking new, like it did before. b) Im sure it will badly affect resale value and hope to get it fixed for less than the downfall; the car with only 107k mile has to be worth £2.8k come summer time when its looking mint, yet with the large ding people will claim its crashed (although never to my knowledge) and worth less than £2k

got another quote at weekend TARTAN. Looking at £250 which ever way I want it done; as they'll spray onto the door slightly too for the blend. Gotta be done!

:(