Sign in to follow this  
8vtornado

superchip for the g60

any know if these "superchips" chips are any good?

do i have to have a small pulley with it etc? also will it be ok on my standard g60 96k with rebuilt charger? thanks

Volkswagen Corrado G60

1989 - 1992

Engine type : Turbocharged Petrol

Engine size : 1781 cm3

Cylinders : 4

Original bhp : 160

BHP increase : 30

Price* : £511.13 (found one cheaper)

to be honest mate id go with the sns chip, cant speak for superchips quality but for a start the g60's supercharged not turbo, prob just superchip typing? and im using the sns chip from g-werks and cant fault it one bit. worth the cash, albeit its not expensive anyway! and if you speak to darren at g-werks im sure he'll be more than happy to help, and at about £60 id go for a smaller pulley too! you wont stop grinning, great returns for such a cheap mod.

to be honest mate id go with the sns chip, cant speak for superchips quality but for a start the g60's supercharged not turbo, prob just superchip typing? and im using the sns chip from g-werks and cant fault it one bit. worth the cash, albeit its not expensive anyway! and if you speak to darren at g-werks im sure he'll be more than happy to help, and at about £60 id go for a smaller pulley too! you wont stop grinning, great returns for such a cheap mod.

Absolutely, the SNS chip was great on my G60 and peanuts to buy in the grand scheme of things. Furthermore, a chip which claims a 30bhp increase on a G60 is vastly unrealistic without any other mods.

My G came with a 68mm pulley and a superchip, swapped it out for an sns from darren at g-werks, sns is defo the better chip.

Mind you my superchip looked like it was from the early 90's and was a double piggyback type job.