Sign in to follow this  
Mancorr

Door strips

if they are original they are held on with strong double sided foam tape, best way i found to remove them was just pouring warm water over them while pulling from one end, try not to bend them too much while removing them as they will stay bent.

Thanks for that mate...will go and try that shortly as have no work today! I got the idea from the red Raddo at the top of the forum today....think it looks great without door strips.

they do look good without them but you are opening yourself up to car park nightmeres!!!

Its the only protection from parking dings, personally id leave em be...

Took mine off and now have a lovely collection of dents along my doors :(

I pulled mine off carefully and used Autoglym Intensive Tar Remover to get rid of the sticky stuff left behind.

Oh! I have not yet started the operation of removing them and sounds like i could be asking for trouble with car parks etc! In 2 minds now!! If i do take them off is the glue stuff a nightmare to get off? I remember my Astra GTE when i took the door strips off....the glue was a complete nightmare!

Take em off!!!! you will get dings on your door whether they are on there or not, eg from 4X4s, women with handbags, and just from people walking between your car and the one next to it in a car park!!

The glue wasn't that bad to get off, probably took me an hour or so.

One thing I did notice though is that at some point mines been sprayed and whoever did it didn't bother taking the strips off first so I've got a couple of lighter patches on the doors.

Bearly noticable but I know that they are there!

The glue wasn't that bad to get off, probably took me an hour or so.

One thing I did notice though is that at some point mines been sprayed and whoever did it didn't bother taking the strips off first so I've got a couple of lighter patches on the doors.

Bearly noticable but I know that they are there!

Yeah i took mine of to,slightly lighter strips, not to noticable

Take them off i toke mine off my red raddo looks so much better with them off i had to use Autoglym Intensive Tar Remover to wud ahve took so long outher wice not very nice wether at the min thow to be siting out side doing that job :lol:

Take them off i toke mine off my red raddo looks so much better with them off i had to use Autoglym Intensive Tar Remover to wud ahve took so long outher wice not very nice wether at the min thow to be siting out side doing that job :lol:

Get your spell correction switched on :lol: :lol:

Seriously, i was also thinking of removing the bump strips, it does give a nice clean look :)

If you dont want to bend them then seeing as they're held on by foam tape, carefully use plastic fishing wire like a bit of dental floss and slowly and carefully pull along the length of the door. You'll still get loads of rubbish left on the door but as mentioned above a good tar remover usually works for getting this kind of stuff off!

I'll be keeping mine on at he moment as it kind of works wth the black plastic front lip, handles, plate recess and bee sting arial but if you've colour coded everythign i could understand why you'd remove them