Sign in to follow this  
Son of a Beesting

Has anyone brought a heater control facia from ECP?

As above

VW want £150 for a new one, but eurocar parts has heater control facia for £40. It says it genuine as well. I am after the control dial part (with the 3 dials) and this appears to be the same thing.

As anyone brought on of these? If so how good was it, did it last?

Thanks

:cowboy: Do they also list the correct early slider ones (4-speed fan)? I can't get a replacement bulb for love nor money, and as it's a "one-piece" unit I gues they come included...

anyone?

I believe the passat ones will fit OK with a minor modification to the unit. Try a forum search.

Actually, I have a passat one, but a couple of the cable clips have broken, if you want some pics taken to compare though I could send you some.

:cowboy: Do they also list the correct early slider ones (4-speed fan)? I can't get a replacement bulb for love nor money, and as it's a "one-piece" unit I gues they come included...

I've soldered a new bulb into mine before, fiddly but do-able.

you may need to solder a strand of copper wire to the legs of a standard capless dash bulb to make them long enough to reach the flat contact pins. If you could get it to me I could do it for you.

anyone?

I believe the passat ones will fit OK with a minor modification to the unit. Try a forum search.

Yeah I had read that. But if I can get a genuine one for £40 surely that would be better? And fit properly.

Careful on what you buy. Something that cheap, and described as a "fascia" could well just be the plastic panel on the front, with the hot/cold and fan speed markings ...

Careful on what you buy. Something that cheap, and described as a "fascia" could well just be the plastic panel on the front, with the hot/cold and fan speed markings ...

Yeah that what my thoughts were.