Sign in to follow this  
g60bv

new charge cooler.

well not yet finished. but getting there. right. for d RS charge cooler, chopped the end off. these were only 50mm! got some some 3 inch pipe work. just going to get it all welded up. should hopefully flow enough. i've seen these run at over 300bhp with ease should cope with the g-lader heat.

and 3 inch all the way from the charger to the throttle. plus water inj

should be sweet

nice!!!

isnt 3" overkill or wont it make much difference? im thinking smaller diameter tubing speeding the air up?

Im using 2.5"

well it is for the engine needs. but it slows the air down throu the cooler. allowing the heat to tranfer to the water better. same princible to the intercooler. bigger area. slower air speed more heat transfer.

my current chargecooler is from a lotus esprite turbo nicely polished and a perfect fit to the g60. i'm just tring the rs one. i have got a intercooler in the garage. but i'll need to take the bumper off and make it 'fit' the car. this is a easy fit.

I really applaud this kind of thing. It's the only way to learn and it's great fun making your own stuff, and satisfying when you don't spend a fortune doing it. Well done mate.

I guess looking at it, the end cans are bit small, but you have tapered them though, which is good. The cooler core may prove a little restrictive a drop boost a little.

What pump are you using? How big is the tank?

i've been using chargecoolers for 4 year testing different types of rads. pumps and tanks. i now have a celica gt4 chargecooler pre rad. -designed for this use.

a pump from demon tweeks 13 Lpm. £110.

and the tank is my washer bottle. 4Litres . i used tank connectors-15mm in the bottom. if any one wants advise on chargecoolers and set ups contact me.

i used to use modified air con rads but they don't loose the heat quick enough.

i've been using chargecoolers for 4 year testing different types of rads. pumps and tanks. i now have a celica gt4 chargecooler pre rad. -designed for this use.

a pump from demon tweeks 13 Lpm. £110.

and the tank is my washer bottle. 4Litres . i used tank connectors-15mm in the bottom. if any one wants advise on chargecoolers and set ups contact me.

i used to use modified air con rads but they don't loose the heat quick enough.

You might want to try larger bore piping. I use 19mm on my kits and even upgrading to 25mm means nearly an extra 80% volume of water in the system, and the pipework makes up the main bulk of the water volume, after a big tank.

What pump did you use?

got it all in and working.

3" from the charger. throu the chargecooler right upto the throttle.. just got to change the ay blue reducer to black and all done. plus took the oppotunity to upgrade the pipe work to 19mm.

not really. haven't had the time. been up the road to get the air out and test the coolent rad as i had to take them off to measure it all up. just need g-werks to call me back so i can book it in for the remap

also been having problems with the tooth belt. been trying to ride off. but i think the alternator bearings are a bit worn.

flustered. our cars are very simular in speck. and body mods.- except front bumper.

Im just waiting on a idler wheel from darren to make my belt work again.

Solid tensioner arrived today and im guna space the alternator pulley out 3mm aswell