Sign in to follow this  
volkswag0nvr6

fitting porsche 3 piece splitys to my g60

Hi people, i got these wheels of ebay a couple of years they are porsche oz racing 3 piece split rims 7x16 front & 8x16 on the rear. (im not sure of the et tho) and have been building them up since to fit to my corrado vr6. this was a no go as they stuck out over 3" on the rear. so i was pretty gutted! fronts fitted spot on.

now i have a g60 and thought i would try and fit them on her. they still stick out but nowhere near as much.

i have got 25mm H&R adapters, can i safely go any lower than this or would it be better to roll and flare the arches?

what are my options?

wheels003.jpg

corradog60001.jpg

corradog60002.jpg

corradog60004.jpg

corradog60003.jpg

dunno the answer but they look tasty!

imagine flaring the arches would be best bet? rather than worrying about rubbing against stuff?

Welcome to my world :lol: i have 9x16's on mine and the rear stick out about as much as yours do and mine catch quite a lot and i have grinded most of the arch lip away :( if you wanna go low then the only option is to flare the arches.

so whats it like with people in the back or is it a no go :(

is it an easy job for a body shop to do? also what sort of price? they need to be sprayed anyway as one arche has a dent in it and the other is scratched.

i know the colour code is LC5M is this midnight blue?

Yeah looks moonlight blue in the pictures. As for people in the back ... :( sorry mate thats a no no unless you have coilovers and can raise it right up if you have to take someone :lol:

I dunno how much it will cost to get the arches flared as i dont intend to get mine done as i would rather save the money towards supercharging mine and just raising it a bit, its not going to be cheap though as it requires both rear wings to be resprayed.

If you need a respray anyway then you might as well get them done. It looks the nuts with flared arches and wide wheels slammed, like Bendy's below:

He bought the car like it mate but i will ask him anyway in case he knows. Most bodyshops will be able to do it, best bet is to just go round a few and get some quotes.

He bought the car like it mate but i will ask him anyway in case he knows. Most bodyshops will be able to do it, best bet is to just go round a few and get some quotes.

ok cheers mate.

so it is proberly best to get some coilovers before i take it to a boby shop?

Depends on how low you want it really mate, i had just springs and shocks on before dropped 40mm and the wide wheels didnt look right it needed to be lower, i got some coilovers (Weitec Hicon GT's which i can fully recommend) and they are fantastic, much better drive and of course adjustable so i can slam it if going to a show and raise it a bit for practical every day use :D

But if you want yours to look like Bendy's above then yeah get some coilovers and then get the arches flared and SLAM IT :lol:

As long as it looks right im not to bothered about the height, as i only really use it on the weekends and maybe one evening in the week.

As soon as the vr sells i will have some funds to play about with it. :lol:

someone call my name??? :lol: if ya gonna do the rears you gonna have to do the fronts as well as it would look silly without as you loose the crease line on the arch. mine were done by steve denton who is now based at stylehaus in northampton. dont have the details to hand at the mo but im sure someone else will be along shortly!!

TBH matethey look to be about ET15 as they stand which isn't too bad. Could easily get the back of the wheel machined by 5-10mm or you can safely run 15mm adapters with no probs, just might not be avail off the shelf (think 20mm is min off shelf). Getting arches pulled is pretty expensive but getting arches cut and rolled is not too bad, Personally, I would go for thinned adapters or machine wheels at rear and get arches rolled, job done.

Cheers and HTH

I was wondering if you could get the offset machined down, i think that might be the best option for me as i have to get them refurbed anyway and mine still catch even with cut arches. What sort of places will do it?

Any CNC turners / millers / metal workers should be able to so it for about £10 a wheel (what I was charged) as long as they have clamps with diameter large enough to take a 16 / 17" wheel.

Ok nice one, i will look in to it. Whats the maximum you can take off without changing bolts etc? Mine are et15 so do you think taking 10mm mil off to make it et25 will be ok?

Well i like them with et15 8) but i dont want to have to replace my tyres soon :( so i might get the machined down to et25 and then space them out until they quite wide but dont catch, so maybe et20 ish :D

cheers for the coments guys!

I think i will look into getting 5mm taken off them and source some smaller adaptors. i really want to fit these rims as i have spent a lot of time referbing them and prob wouldnt get the money back on them if i were to sell them.

i take it i would have to get the tyres taken off to get the wheels milled