Sign in to follow this  
JIMMI

Door removal, how do you disconnect the wiring harness ???

Need a spot of help guys, i need to remove the doors from one of my corrado's. I can work out how to physically remove the doors but its the wiring that goes through the A post into the door which is a pain. Is there a multiplug inside the A post like on modern cars or will i have to disconnect every component inside the door and feed the wires through individually ??

Any help would be appreciated, i would of had the car painted today if i could of wipped the doors off !!!

Jimmi....................

Its easy. Cant remember how though lol.

I think: The wiring has a plastic cover over it, where it connects into the door. simply pull this out and dconnect the wiring/plug.

its a pain mate, you have to disconnect every plug and carefully wiggle the plugs through, the real pain is the biggest one, the only way it will go through the a pillar hole, is to take off the metal clip around the plug.

karl

the wiring is in that soft rubber tube that you can see when you open the door (hinge end)

From memory I think you pull that rubber tube back and disconnect the wiring.

Karl is someone saying that all we actually had to do was pull that tube back and disconnect one plug, rather than each individual lead?!!!

i really hope not Will, otherwise we would be 2 really stupid corrado owners :oops:

first thing tomorrow i'm gonna check, i hope the above people are wrong :lol:

Right had a look at one removed door, and there are 5 plugs that connect from the door to i would assume, the fusebox? or somewhere else in the car. So just remove the plastic , and unplug.