Sign in to follow this  
mgbv8mike

A strange thing happened yesterday

........a parcel arrived at my office from Poland.

It was a metal 'U' shaped pipe, with a long bolt in it, looks as though it's an inlet for a G60 . Part number is 191 145 755B

Strange because :-

a) Ive got a VR6 not a G60

b) I don't know anyone in Poland

c) I've been particularly careful of late not to go on E-Bay when under the influence of drink !

Looks as though one of Santa's little elves may have been at the brandy butter, and got me mixed up with someone else.

So......If there is ayone on the forum who ordered a .......whateveritis...

(Part no 191 145 755B) from Pawarski Bartek in Bielawa (Poland)......it's turned up at my office !!!

I haven't ordered anything from ebay except a play pen for my kids hamsters. It's not that is it?

Agree with c), it's like a cosmic lottery if you do that. Anything could turn up.

seems strange that you would have given someone elses address?

Although I can agree with ©, whenever a jiffy bag turns up on the doorstep I get worried. Missus askes "what have you ordered now?" and I can't tell her till I open it :lol:

I bought 100 DVD cases, and 500 latex gloves the other night, both bargains at a combined price of 15 quid, but I think thats what lured me in, like a moth to flame :(

Missus askes "what have you ordered now?" and I can't tell her

I bought 100 DVD cases, and 500 latex gloves the other night,

I'm not surprised you can't tell her if that's what you're ordering!!!!!! What have you been upto Daveyboy?

btw, can i have some?

I bought 100 DVD cases, and 500 latex gloves the other night, both bargains at a combined price of 15 quid, but I think thats what lured me in, like a moth to flame :(

Uh oh Dave's been buying "inspection gloves" again! :lol:

That's why the misus asks what he's been buying, so she can get a head start.....

glove2.jpg

Rofl :lol:

I have no idea why I bought them.

the think was to buy the gloves to work on the car, and DVD cases for the movies i've downloaded, but exactly why I needed such huge quanities of each has escaped me :(

Hmmm....The gloves would have come in handy, I've just run out of them.

The bit does look quite expensive, i've also found a triangular flange in the package which presumably fixes it to the blower, I can't think how it's got to me by mistake.

Well done for not just sticking it back on Ebay anyway mgbv8mike, very honest of you! Hopefully Karma will re-pay you :)

..oh and do let us know if a load of Nintendos and mobile phones etc turn up at your place from Aberdeen won't you!

......No Nintendo's yet, I'm afraid......but I've now got a rather confused E-Mail to tell me that the bit I won has gone to another guy, and would I send the pipe to........mgbv8mike ............I know it came from Poland (although the seller was logged on as from Cumbria).....just hope that my bit went to somewhere in northern Europe, so I don't end up paying a shedload of postage.

..oh and do let us know if a load of Nintendos and mobile phones etc turn up at your place from Aberdeen won't you!

:rofl:

Seems I've got the bits belonging to Neil Campbell from Dumfrieshire, so I do not have to post it to the other end of the planet then .

Mr Moderator, is Neil a forum member, and is it possible for a message to be passed on ?

Unfortunately, there's no way (that I know of) of searching for people on here apart from with their username.