Sign in to follow this  
vwdeviant

Headlight reflector removal

Can just the reflector be removed/replaced or do you need to take the whole unit out?

Have a new set but don't want to go down the rusty screw route if possible?

Also the big white aduster has broken (bit in the back of the light unit) on one, are these still available?

Sorry for numpty questions but want to do this right first time....

Yeah the can be replaced by themselves, remove both adjusters and they come out........there is a website where you can buy all the bits separately from, links on here somewhere. i think it was used when people were talking about he inpro indicators........

1. You'll have to take the headlight units out of the car to change the reflectors if that's what you mean.

2. You can get the adjuster bits from VW still. Taking the lights out is a five-minute job btw. Two crossheads at the front tabs and one down a deep, dark hole further back in the middle of the headlight - that's the one that sometimes rusts up apparently, but mine were fine.

Whatever you do, don't try to clean or rub the chrome stuff on the reflectors, it's super fragile and will just come off, don't touch it :-)

1. You'll have to take the headlight units out of the car to change the reflectors if that's what you mean.

2. You can get the adjuster bits from VW still. Taking the lights out is a five-minute job btw. Two crossheads at the front tabs and one down a deep, dark hole further back in the middle of the headlight - that's the one that sometimes rusts up apparently, but mine were fine.

Whatever you do, don't try to clean or rub the chrome stuff on the reflectors, it's super fragile and will just come off, don't touch it :-)

Cheers Mystic, I have to leave the car at Standsted this week-end (Xmas Pary in Cornwall, co's paying for flights!) so will liberally douse all the screws in WD40 before I go. Mind you as the local VW dealers don't have a parts dept here (but will order) I guess I'll be waiting for a while...

Anyone with ETKA can you pop up the numbers for the Headlight Adjusters please?