Sign in to follow this  
ninoG60

crankshaft pulley

Hi

mate of mine has kindly helped me get my car fixed, but intakin the bottom cover off the engine, he took the crank bolt out. this is cool cos i dont want this to come undone as has been known to happen. Gonna replace it with mk1 bolt and washer and Threadlock!

My question is that my mates pulley comes off and then the camshaft pully is behind that but they are 2 seperate pieces, when he took the bolt out of mine, both the camshaft pulley and the other one came away as 1 piece. His has a hole thru the centre for the outer pulley to slip over the camshaft one, but mine seems like its one unit. any help would be appreciated. thanks

Slightly tap the two pulleys apart. Had to do the same on mine, when I changed the timing belt on my G60. The whole thing, i.e. crankshaft pulley and polyribbed belt pulley came off as one unit, after I had undone the crankshaft pulley, as the 2 didn't want to separate whilst still on the car.

Might want to just remove some of the corrosion from both pulleys so that they re-attache a bit more smoothly, in the hope that they come apart a bit easier next time.

Tempest