Sign in to follow this  
2_Door_fun

Oh YES he's back with the Corrado owners

Well after a weeks work here is my new Corrado G60.

In relation to my old 60 click here

Its a beautiful thing. All the way to Cardiff for it. Well funny on the way home with Mother following in her 1.2 Clio..Bye now..Mobile phone rings SLOW DOWN...Oh sorry. Long drive back to Cheshire :lol:

Loads done this week. Old car being picked up shortly.

Car.jpg

REAR.jpg

Bay-shot.jpg

What ya think?

:D

Cheers.

Nice to be drivin one again. Need a few bits Spoiler not workin either on Rd or with button. Will it be the actual mechanisam? Sunroof works perfectley :shock: So I'll take the repair of the spoiler in my stride. Few dinks n so but its an old car, come Spring lots of dint n paint work being paid for.

Full VW service history all the way. Between 2001 n 2007 only 7000 miles done. Head skimmed ne rebuilt all receipts new clutch tons of stuff. I scared the dealer to death sat there for an Hr going through all the receipts. Made me a brew n said so not on a whim this car then!

Got to get an uprated headlight loom n a wiper kit the humerous lights are terrible. Esp the drive from Cardiff at night in the rain double jeapordy.

Are those super purpose built looms still made on the forum?

Looks really nice mate, is this the one that was advertised on ebay from a dealer?

Good to see another yellow one!

Ad

Looks really nice mate, is this the one that was advertised on ebay from a dealer?

Good to see another yellow one!

Ad

Don't know about fleabay but it was on Autotrader. Always wanted a yellow version. Since I saw these cars so many years ago. A yellow VW Corrado is what I wanted. 100k on the clock well good nic.

My mate said its sick...I then beat him to death.

wow, either thats had a respray or its been very well looked after, wasnt a fan of yellow but its def growing on me!

Yeah when i picked up mine my mate was slowing me down in his 1.2 punto, long drive from liverpool to edinburgh i tell you!

I love the colour. Made for the car.

It has been really well looked after. I don't doubt that here n there its had a touch of paint and it needs some. Dinks that have been touched up with brush n stuff. Still its 17 Yrs old n it looks good for it. The plastics have faded a little spoiler n mirrors. How could I bring these back to life?

Engine wise its all there airbox n Carbon canister even the CAT???

Spoiler not workin? Either on Rd or with the switch. What is it most likely to be? The actual mechanisam... :?:

Just got to get my Nitrous kit fitted now :twisted:

Cheers

my spoiler wasnt working up until recently.

went for an mot and it started working again (i know they sorted some wiring and fuse)

Looks like it is set a quarter way up on the pics shown, if you take the inner panel off the inside of the boot you can wind it up manually so will be safer when cornering at speed etc.....

hope this helps

lookin good mate , i always liked yellow, put some smooth peanut butter on the black bits , nice borbets , i cant remember of hand what fuse the spoiler runs off,

lookin good mate , i always liked yellow, put some smooth peanut butter on the black bits , nice borbets , i cant remember of hand what fuse the spoiler runs off,

Hi.

Cheers Peanut butter ? What if it has an allergy :-P What does Peanut butter do. Its the plastic yellow bits that r a little faded. Mirrors n spoiler.

As for fuse thought it may share sunroof? If does that is workin fine. I'll do some erection testing int he morning :oops:

Just give the mirrors and spoiler a good going over with a quality polish.. should see the colour restore nicely :)

2_Door_fun, ah i thought you meant the black bits :-) its the oil in the peanut butter that helps the black bits , as for the other faded yellow bits i would use some scratch x or a light t cut and then polish , i'm sure they'll come back up

you say you've had it a week , it'll be all that salt air from the river weaver :-)

ere ya go

1 Headlight, low beam, left 10

2 Headlight, low beam, right 10

3 Instrument panel lights, license plate lights 10

4 Rear window wiper 15

5 Wiper/washer, front 15

6 Fresh air fan 20

7 Tail lights, side marker light, right 10

8 Tail lights, side marker light, left 10

9 Rear window defogger 20

10 Foglights 15

11 Headlight, high beam, left 10

12 Headlight, high beam, right 10

13 Horn, radiator fan run-on 10

14 Back-up lights, washer jet heaters 10

15 Electronic ignition, idle stabilizer, deceleration fuel shut off 10

16 Dash warning lights, glove box light, cassette storage light, rear spoiler adjustment control unit 15

17 Emergency flasher switch, turn signals 10

18 Fuel pump 20

19 Radiator coolant fan, A/C 30

20 Brake lights 10

21 Interior lights, cigarette lighter, digital clock,

rear spoiler adjustment 15

22 Radio 10

Oh super. Cheers for the fuse list.

So all the interior lights, clock n rest work just no spoiler. Shall garb the tools in the morn and take a look. Between jobs at the mo. Don't start my new one till late Feb. Super time to play.

2_Door_fun, ah i thought you meant the black bits :-) its the oil in the peanut butter that helps the black bits , as for the other faded yellow bits i would use some scratch x or a light t cut and then polish , i'm sure they'll come back up

you say you've had it a week , it'll be all that salt air from the river weaver :-)

Actually it could work out ace. Very funny. Neighbours already think I'm mad with me cars. "What ya puttin on there Rob"? Peanut butter I replies..... :lol:

As I spread it on me mirror casing with a suitable knife.

Still loving the nuggets and holding aspirations of getting a G in nugget yellow with black leather - one day ;)

Still loving the nuggets and holding aspirations of getting a G in nugget yellow with black leather - one day ;)

Cheers, the rebuild continues after the recent accident. Got my payout so parts a pleanty at the mo. Fitting the oil cooler this weekend n front panel. Then for fesh paint n dink removal. It will glow by summer :D