Sign in to follow this  
soupie69uk

What options does the corrado come with?

Do some have sunroofs and some not?

Some have central locking and some have remote central locking?

What about aircon any come with that?

Also what about electric windows they all come with those?

Thats all I can think of at the moment if anyone has any others put them down please.

Cheers.

EDIT - Thought of another electric mirrors.

Hello

Almost all have sunroofs except some early models I believe.

All have remote central locking I think

Aircon is very rare but you can get it.

Again almost all come with electric windows.

I am sure someone with greater knowledge will come along soon!

EDIT - All have electric heated wing mirrors

The major issue with the sunroof isn't that it leaks, it's that the mechanism breaks. Quite often the roof will tilt but won't slide and it's fiddly and potentially un-cheap to fix :-(

If you have a look at the knowledge base thing there's a load of good info on there including a buying guide under the 'general info' bit.

Just - well, a few months back - bought a VR6 after running a Mk2 GTi for ages. My advice is to spend some time getting familiar with the common problems cos some of them are expensive to fix, some aren't. Like the heater sometimes runs only on the fourth setting, but you can sort that out with a 70 pence thermal fuse from Maplins.

This is a brilliant forum btw. People are really friendly and knowledgable.

My first Valver came with Leccy windows, no sunroof, no central locking

My current Valver has Manual windows, leccy sunroof and remote central locking. They are both 1990 models.

On the early models I don't think VW new what was standard themselves.

ALL UK rhd G60's come with E/S/R,E/W,C/L,E/M............if it doesn't have a sunroof chances are its a 16v converted to 8v G60

The other options, not so far mentioned, relate to interior trim. Leather, electric adjustment, seat heaters, Recaro seats, a combination of these. Aircon was an after-sale option, usually a Diavia system.

Best wishes

RB

What is aircon??? Air conditioning? It's a standard option on U.S. spec cars if I am not mistaken. There also is a cold weather package, which is heated seates and such. I think it also runs extra plumbing to the airbox to help warm the intake air up faster for those cold mornings. Sunroofs were an option for sure here, although you could get it as a no-charge option to not have one, and it can be found on all years, although it is very very rare.

"What options does the Corrado come with?".

Sadly very few people ticked the "reliability" box on the order sheet...

Guess the original owner of mine must have then, because I've had very few problems in 10 years of ownership.

It doesn't help that a majority of the Corrado's were originally bought by females(atleast it was that way in the U.S.)...who in my opinion for the most part lack the concept or preventive maintence(not all just most,) hence why I believe many are in such bad running shape, plus the fact that they are past the 10year mark only makes newcomer opinions think this as such even more so then ever, thus giving Corrado's with a good clean service record a bad reputation for being unreliable.

The only problem I have ever had with either of the two Corrado's I have owned has been a faulty heatercore in one. 8)

I understand that some Corrados, particularly the auto for some reason, came with headlamp washers?

Major omission not making those standard, I reckon. Can they be retro-fitted?

Early 16v's didn't have electric windows as standard, but many were fitted with aftermarket electric windows at the dealers (and they're poor quality), the way to tell is if the system has one touch operation, as the aftermarket ones have no control module, the other way is that the glass wobbles around and doesn't go up straight :lol:

A few corrados have headlight washers and some have electric headlight adjustment, the latter mainly on RHD cars bought abroad originally.

ABS was also an option on pre 92 16v's.

Guess the original owner of mine must have then, because I've had very few problems in 10 years of ownership.

You mean apart from the month when it wouldn't start? And the tons of trips in and out of garages when they couldn't work out why? ;)

People get rose tinted glasses about their Corrados, I swear... :)

You mean apart from the month when it wouldn't start? And the tons of trips in and out of garages when they couldn't work out why? ;)

Well, ok, but we both know I could have got it sorted out much quicker only the weather was nice and I was taking the TVR to work every day. wink.gif

Seriously though, it has been a monumentally reliable car. It's not been like poor Glenn's first Corrado was where something was going wrong 1 or 2 times a month. With mine it's been more like 1 or 2 times a year, if that. And earlier on in its life nothing went wrong for years.