Sign in to follow this  
rob_g_clarkson

Corrado Storm

right, It's time for a change of car and I want to move back into 'Dub Land'

I've seen a Carrodo VR6 Storm, completey bog standard apart from a K&N jobbie, it's done 82k and looks failry mint, I've havn't seen it in the flesh as such yet, on ly piccies on t'web... a deal has been agreed verbally, but I just want to know what people think about that price?

£6995.... is it too speno? the interior looks a little tired (please bear in mind I'm coming frm an 03 car that's done 19K)

The guy on the phone has assured me (as any dealer worth his salt would do) that it runs like a dream, with no creaks or bangs or any thing - comfort and refinement, with a smattering of performance, are my key aims here!

if anyone's wondering which one it is then http://www.pistonheads.co.uk/sales/120957.htm

any opinions welcome!

If you specifically want a blue Storm and an unmodified example then if the condition is right it might be worth it to you. However if you wanted to mod it in due couse you could get either a well modded and better spe'd car of a very high standard for that price or in the majority of cases far less.

^ ^ ^ ^ ^

yeah, what he said.

if it's the storm you want then it seems like a good price, i've seen them going for a lot more. the problem i'd have if i owned a storm is i'd want to keep the mileage as low as poss & totally standard where as a 'normal' vr6 i don't mind doing mods & love to drive it. plus imo there's nicer colours available in standard vr's. but you pays your money & make your choices!

Mine was 4k mate thats with 125k on the clock nearly full service history!

I remeber making that guy an offer of 6k via email and he said we were talking in about the same ballpark that he wanted! First thing to come off though has got to be them mud flaps!

seems to be missing it rear Storm badge tho..........so thats another £100-ish off the price :wink: .........as for the leather,seems normal wear for its age/miles,the centre console tunnel trim looks a bit squiffy tho

That Storms been on the Auto Trader since well before xmas, he probably got it for next to nothing, if your set on it though, i`d be offering quite a bit lower to start with as said above 5.8-6k and look to pay 6.2-6.3k, he should be hungry enough by now :lol:

Also bare in mind what OSV has said,you can pick up a very nice VR with leather for 5k and still have money to make it your own

That Storms been on the Auto Trader since well before xmas, he probably got it for next to nothing, if your set on it though, i`d be offering quite a bit lower to start with as said above 5.8-6k and look to pay 6.2-6.3k, he should be hungry enough by now :lol:

Also bare in mind what OSV has said,you can pick up a very nice VR with leather for 5k and still have money to make it your own

yeah I was about to say its been on the trader for MONTHS!

On the plus side, he seems to have replaced a fair few drivetrain bits, but then at that price I'd expect everything to be sorted.

Ultimately I think it depends a bit on why you want a Storm. In the end it is just a well-specced VR6 with a unique badge and, in the case of the mystic blue ones, a unique to only 250 Storms colour and you can buy a non-Storm VR6 that'll perform just the same.

I bought mine principally because I loved the colour, but I could have found a non-Storm for less. Because I work from home and have a trashed rundabout as well, I don't expect to put huge mileage on it, though I guess that's only really a concern if you're worried about depreciation. Mine has H&R coilovers, a Magnex, a Dieselgeek quickshift and a Neuspeed ARB, which for a standard spec fascist are all probably a no, no. Then again it drives a lot better like that and, if it comes down to it and I was going to sell the car, I suppose I could always put it back to standard and eBay the bits to cover some of the cost.

I certainly wouldn't mess with it cosmetically or fit anything that's not easily reversible, but then I probably wouldn't anyway.

Ultimately I think Storms are one of those things that are worth what people are prepared to pay for them. They have a perceived higher value than a normal VR6, but realistically, what you get for that is a potentially higher resale value - as long as you don't go mad on the mileage - a nice badge and an rare colour for the blue ones, if that makes sense.

For that money you'd be wanting an interior with barely any wear, and almost immaculate paint work (at least on difficult to paint panels)

i thinkI'm going to give it a miss to be honest fells... - thanks for you opinions though...

as some of you have pointed out, i can buy a failry low milage vr, and customise it myself (which is what i wanna do) and be better off in the back pocket!

thanks again chaps

i thinkI'm going to give it a miss to be honest fells... - thanks for you opinions though...

as some of you have pointed out, i can buy a failry low milage vr, and customise it myself (which is what i wanna do) and be better off in the back pocket!

thanks again chaps

Think you have made the right decision mate.

Paying over the odds to a dealer is a no no in my book.

Good luck with the search :)

Yes, sensible call made here I think mate. I'm sure that in the end you'll be happier driving something that's even more fun but which is missing the badge. I'm not Storm bashing, I can understand the desire to own one, but in an everyday sense, the extra fun that the spare cash could put in the VR is considerable!

Yeah. I'd agree and I own a Storm :-) It is kind of a nice thing, especially in blue and at the right price, but I don't think there are a lot of rational reasons to own one over a comparable non-Storm and some pretty good financial ones not to.

I like mine a lot, but coming to it from a pretty well-modded Mk 2 GTi, it took a fair few tweaks to get it feeling right and I don't think I'd be happy with an un-modded C. I mean, look at that ride height for starters ;-)