Sign in to follow this  
valverado

HELP PLEASE !!!!!!!

Im in some need of help please guys, me corrado will not start from the ignition but will jump start. I replaced the ignition switch which sorted the problem.....for about 4 weeks until now. The car will not start from the ignition, im a bit confused as why the swith would go again as its only 4 weeks old. I tried wilgling the wires behind the ignition switch while turning the key - it fired up, but nether to start again. Any ideas please? Thanks..........................Ben

PS the white switch i used was from GSF(£11.50) should i try a original unit from VW?

valver-as it started when you moved the wires possibly a bad connection is causing the problem. suggest you check they are all good, if not maybe time for a good auto electrician to check it out as a non-starter is a bit of a biatch.

ps- i would not expect the new switch to be faulty but i found it was worth buying genuine vw parts even if slightly more expensive, the local vw parts guys would get to know you! :roll: & help you out with parts/advice etc.

good luck fella :thumbleft:

Will jump start as in you attach leads to battery and the ignition switch will then work?? or do you mean bump start? as in you have to push it?

GSF ones aren't that good but it should still work, just wont last as long as a VW one.

If it wont start from ignition switch then there must be something around here thats shagged (cables, switch, barrel)

If it'll start of the ignition but only when jumped then the battery must be knackered

sorry mean't Bump start. ive brought a genuine vw switch and gonna try that. cheers for your help so far though, much apreciated. :?

anyone a auto electrician around the birmingham area which is willing to help a fellow duber out?