Sign in to follow this  
mrbeige

What throttle bodies will fit a 20v inlet manifold

As title, what will fit? VR6? Mk3 8/16v? I need one for my MegaSquirt conversion!!

Cheers

I guess the squirt needs a standard 3 pin throttle pot without a stepper motor in it?

VR6 OBD1 has that, but the housing is probably too big for the 20V intake, might need an adapter plate making up.

Some VAG throttles are reversed, i.e. 5 to 0V, rather than the usual 0 - 5V, so something else to be aware of. Can the squirt handle that?

I guess the squirt needs a standard 3 pin throttle pot without a stepper motor in it?

Yep!

VR6 OBD1 has that, but the housing is probably too big for the 20V intake, might need an adapter plate making up.

Wanted something that bolt startight up if possible. Someone told me that a 2E throttle body would fit??

Some VAG throttles are reversed, i.e. 5 to 0V, rather than the usual 0 - 5V, so something else to be aware of. Can the squirt handle that?

That's a good question! Not sure, I don't think it can??

Not sure on the valver throttles etc.....

How about an early 20V cable throttle? Obviously the stepper motor will be inactive and then you can determine the throttle pot's Live, signal and ground pins from an ELSA wiring book? Vince at stealth will know.....

My Golf is an early cable TB, I can have a look if you like? Be nice to use the stepper idle valve aswell....hint hint.

Yeah that'd be cool if you could. How would I go about using the stepper idle valve? Would that be in place of my existing idle stabilisation valve? :? I'm using MS I on its own to start with, then going to add the MSnSExtra daughter board that I've bought to run spark, with EDIS coilpack and eventually EGT.