Sign in to follow this  
Philj

2.0ltr'ing a KR

I have a kr engine'd G reg, looks like the oil pump is on its way out. So i think im going to put in a lower mileage engine.

Now I was thinking, could I just put a 2.0ltr block and head on the kr engine loom, ecu, gearbox, inlet, exhaust etc? Im assuming the later 2.0l rado engine runs different management, and would require changing the looms, and ecu etc...

Ive got 12bhp to play with on the brentacre policy, so thought a 2.0l could be an easy option? But better than a kr... Anyone got any suggestions?

There is some good info on what to do here

Just stick a 9a or 6a bottom end in it, and keep your KR head, and the KR cams and it should be good for around 150bhp!

If you use a 6A bottom end you need to swap the oil pump for one from a 9A and use a transverse install sump such as the KR one.

and you need a different oil filter housing for the 6a.

Fit the complet 2l engine on the 1.8 injection, this in theory is less bhp as the 2l makes 136bhp but you can fit the 1.8 inlet cam and this should give you the 150bhp