Sign in to follow this  
VRTrickster

Still not running right !?

Right some of you will know that Ive had lumpy idle and cutting out problem for f-ing ages now, and it really puzzles me what the problem is!

On the up side its booked into Stealth on Friday for a remap, that's if its possible to remap !

Just a question, why would taking the vac hose off the FPR stop it from stalling ! When it cuts out it does just dies, the revs drop quite fast then the ignition lights come on. This is happening regular, but taking the vac hose of the reg seems to stop it stalling, but you can see sometimes the revs dropping faster than it would normally, as though it would of stalled with the hose on :? ?

The fella that done my head work did say that it would need remapping straight away and that it would be running rich, as old ECUs would chuck it so much percentage of fuelling. Others have told me that it should run fine as its all governed by the MAF, Lambda probe and sensors etc ?

Any advice would be great, I think I may have to leave it to Vince to diagnose, or maybe it does just need remapping !

My worst fear is to drive all that way and for him to say that the cam timing is definitely out, as I'm certain its correct !

I should of got one of these sooner but their quite expensive. Im going to get a fuel pressure reg and see if thats the problem ?

Ive been told that these very rarely go though, so I could just be adding to the forever growing list of things that arent going to break for a while, lol !

Fingers crossed !