Sign in to follow this  
Tinman

2.0lt 16V probs Help!

Starts and runs fine, but if you switch engine off after 5 or so mile ( temp 70degs) when you start it up , if you do not rev the engine it will not tick over ( dead below 1000) runs ok but no tick over? after 20 miles or so its ok??? :x ...

I know it going to be a sensor somewhere but where!

no workshop manual !

Help

Dave

Cheers, I will have a look at the idler this weekend, and the wing mirros and see how to take head lining out! :mad:

Dave

i had a similar problem and save your monwey and dont take it to a VW Dealer as they are Useless, My Mechanic found it to be the Coolant Temp Sensor if your facing the Engine its on the right hand side of the Engine block, Seemed to sort mine out a treat! Hope this helps!

:( Had a look round engine today, printed out the autodata so laptop would not get dirty, checked idler valve resistance read 6 ohms so should be ok, the rest is abit beyond me :oops: never messed around with injection cars before. Anyone know a local garage? I live near Notts ( contacted C&R) or a mobile mechanic?

I'll check the coolant sensor ( If I can find it )

Dave

:(

Checked the air filter box today!, some gimp had drilled holes in it resealed it and cleaned the flap thingy ( forgot the name of it) Going to get a coolant sensor and a new filter tomorrow, runs a little better.

Now then, Real progress I think! :)

Took it out and gave it a blast, still cutting out when warm. Pulled the idler valve out and cleaned it with carb cleaner while it was still warm, as soon as I started cleaning it I heard a 'click ' from the valve! could it be sticking when hot?? Does this happen? :?

Can it be repaired, could someone lend me one to check? rather than buy a new one for no reason.??? :oops:

Dave