Sign in to follow this  
eatthis

pioneer avic x1bt

Yandards has got the original X1 - he loves it!

Yeah, nice piece of kit. 4 of us wedged into my C in Germany last year watching Team America on the camp site at about midnight.

The 'tooth option is one that appeals to me but I am not going to play with the ICE until it comes with a DAB reciever built in instead of forking out a couple of hundred quid for another box.

I would recommend getting a multichanger too as some of the units functions don't work unless the map disc is in the drive.

Very accurate mapping, fairly quick access and route updates. Best part is that uses gyros so it is not totally dependant on GPS for positioning.

Big install in the car though, lots of wiring but it does fit down one side of the centre console ok. Got the hideaway box under the passenger seat and routed most of the cables up the centre tunnel under the trim. GPS reciever is very discrete and works well even though mine is in the corner of the windscreen on the dash - partially blocked by the passenger wiper.

Mr Supercharged would like one too, on the basis of seeing mine in operation and given his frankly useless sense of direction he needs it!

Yeah, nice piece of kit. 4 of us wedged into my C in Germany last year watching Team America on the camp site at about midnight.

Aaahh - durka durka

Aaahh - durka durka

'How you like that Hanz Blicks!?'

'We have no intelligence'

eatthis, yeah, i got one in my other car - the AVIC X1R and think its totally AWESOME!!

Had twin screens fitted in the rear too, and as you can show both sat nav AND DVD on the front screen, its uber gucci, considering you mainly see these things fitted to range rover vogues, X5's etc!!

Rekon it'll still be fairly cutting edge and worth a mint still in a few years too!

:brillsmurf: