Sign in to follow this  
will 2

fuel pump

can someone tell me where the fuel pump is on my 16v 94 model,would it be in the tank or outside it somewhere

and if someone has a photo thanks

or/ and under the car in front of the rear right hand wheel next to the round cylinder that will be the fuel filter. the one in the tank will be a lift pump if there is one, it is different to the G60 as i discovered when i tried to fit one to mine

That would be the one where you use those two things on the side of your head to find out where the noise is loudest. :) (and not your sideburns)

in my experience the just stop working, does it do it all the time?

stick your head under the car and get someone to turn on the ignition and listen to where the noise comes from ( make sure the cars not in gear!!)

The in tank lift pump is only £20 or so from GSF, and is quite a good part from them too, if it's never been changed it's certainly worth doing it. If the lift pump was gone then it would strain the pump making it make various pitch noises.

Change the lift pump as its cheap and easy to do, even if it doesn't cure the problem at least you've changed something that will cause you problems in the future...