Sign in to follow this  
Jim

Stealth Rolling Road Day!

Sorry to hear that Kev, won't they swap it as its new or have I mised something?!

I haven't discussed it with Bosch yet as I need to check the ECU wiring first, just to make sure it isn't that before I make an a*** of myself.

The error I've seen a few times is G70 - Mass Air Flow sensor - Short to Ground - INTERMITTANT. Comes back if cleared from memory :cry:

I'm pretty sure the wiring is OK as the old MAF never recorded that and that was a month or two ago.

Ho hum....all part of C ownership I guess!

Kev

Oh look - another RR day thread :D

Kev, Now I look at your avatar closely I can make out the actual colour at the front, rear of the car is in shadow .

Have a look at Problems for my trip home :(

Cheers to everybody for organising this. Funky, you did a grand job.

Chuffed that I managed to get 182 out of the Vento VR6 (std. is 174) and it's bog standard with a crapper than normal exhaust too....

Also, good to speak to Vince at Stealth about seeing if we can get my Scirocco back on the road running right, as when I tried AMD they said "I'd probably get sacked for booking a Scirocco in...."

Some nice cars there (as always). But Ben's got best Corrado, and it was also pleasing :lol: ;-) to see a BMW M3 which was 30bhp down on power (290 instead of a standard 320) :lol: :lol: :lol:

also pleasing :lol: ;-) to see a BMW M3 which was 30bhp down on power (290 instead of a standard 320) :lol: :lol: :lol:

Was it a 3.0 or 3.2 M3? 3.0 ones are good for 286bhp and the 3.2 should deliver 321bhp.

Kev

Again, A big thanx for the invite and Vince and his team.

Needless to say I was a little disappointed with my RR results, however expected to some degree as I am still running a Z-engineering based ECU designed for a 2.8 VR6 lump where mine is now 3.0 and has lowered compression.

Especially as when running on the old 2.9 and Z-engineering setup was running 269bhp :?

I’m in the process of getting a smaller pulley to take the boost to 13psi and change the injectors. Cams are also on my shopping list, So watch this space!|

Cheers chaps,

Guy

Good news, Bosch have despatched a new MAF to replace my iffy one, no questions asked.

So I'll be re-rollering the car when Vince does the rear axle bushes (does the list ever stop??) to see if I get my 8 horses back again :?

Kev

Hi guys, I have finally managed to read all of this thread. Seems that every time I log in our servers go female - it's doing my head in.

Yes I took a note of all the results (but I haven't got them with me. I'll try and post them tomorrow - fingers crossed

Grr, still having trouble logging in.

Don't take these figures as gospel, sometimes I got the decimals & sometimes not, so apologies if anyone thinks theirs should have been higher. I know a few people had snags, but again I didn't make a note of them all.

Forum Name Type BHP Snag

Joe Nose VR6 167 Cam sensor

Mike Edwards VR6 193.4 Misfire

Sy-VW G60 195.3

2cc VR6 196.3

Supercharged G60 170

Kevhaywire VR6 192 Air sensor

Exturbo2003 G60 193.6

Anorak VR6 256.5

Toby G60 198.9

Corradovr6sc VR6 274

Ollie p VR6 203

Dt james VR6 205

Surfer G60 180

chargedupstorm VR6 244.7

Campaign VR6 Vento 182

Golf highline * VR6 268

Jims16v "The Saxo" 112

* Don't know the chap but was fitted with a Shrick and supercharger & rechip

Hell's teeth :shock:

What has gone wrong with the text alignment on my last post? Any Mod want to fix it for me???

Theres not really a great deal you can do about it Chris.. it just wont let you format text with loads of spaces which is a real pain in the bottom, but common across practically every type of forum :(

What I have done as you can see below is pasted the times into a text editor, tidied em up, and took a screen snap of em - so click below to see the times in all their formatted glory!! :D

Cheers Jim, just goes to show what I know (rather don't) about forum technicalities

Spot on there Kev - even more exciting on the road I expect