Sign in to follow this  
lottysvdub

buy god i think i may have finaly fixed it

well after many months of my corrado playing up and breaking down when it felt like it i may have stummbled across the fault , my car would always over fuel when you liffted off the throttle after a run then cut out and refuse to start as the plugs were covered in fuel , also the temp was always around 100 - 110 before the fans would even think about cutting in , ive changed the plugs , leads , cap , arm , isv , thermo fan switch , temp sender unit , fuel filter , antifreeze , major service , timming checked and c/o levels reset but to no avail .To be honest its spent more time sat in my driveway more this year than its been on the road ,anyway today i was mucking around with it again and decided to swap the terminals off the coolent temp sensor and put it on to the sensor which has never had a terminal on it , ive spent ages trying to find out why it had this supposed spare sensor , my car now runs like a dream idle is smooth and no dark smoke comming out of the exhaust when you rev it up , no more popping back through the exhaust and the cooling fans are kicking in at about 95 and switching off when it gets back to 90 , how chuffed am i its never run like this in all the time ive owned it , im going to run it for a few days and let you know how its going :D :D :D

i will get a couple of pics in the morning , sorry ive only just got back to you ive been in london all weekend , what a joyful place to visit :D

ive found a pic on the forum and it looks like the temp sensor for the ecu but mine is a single flat blade terminal not a double pin switch

so which wire did you swap over? Jades C seems to wait for ages to start the fans, pop's a little (even tho theres a cat in the exhaust) and ever so slightly off smooth idle..

would be interested to see if this could be the problem here too!

ive taken the coolent temp guage sender #5 wire and put it on to the coolent temp sensor for the ecu #3 which has never had a wire going to it in all the time ive owned it and the car is still running better than ever , please be aware that both my sensors are single flat blade connectors and not like the twin pin sensor #3 shown in the picture , hope this is some use to you best of luck and let me know if it makes a difference to the car you have problems with :D