Sign in to follow this  
glen

reconditioned bottom end?

I’m looking to get my bottom end reconditioned but my budget is very tight what is the easiest and cheapest route?

I’ve been looking out for a low mileage 2.9 but they rare as rocking horse sh!t...

I’ve seen a reconditioned golf bottom end on eBay for £450, would this fit and would there be much difference over the 2.9?

whats the cause of needing the bottom end rebuilt? that would help to determine what you can/should do since you're on a budget

shes done 176k, heads been done in past but recently seems to have loss in power and sounds rumbley when on full power....

well my family have a scrapyard in birmingham i go and get vw parts on weekends and sell them on ebay. Buyer User ID: trevorhutchins you can look me up . milage would be hard to prove . not got the clocks . i got the brakes hubs brain engine and box . out of a corrado vr6 .code abv

Just a word of warning, chaps.

And glen, I hope this is not who you are dealing with. But have nothing to do with anyone calling herself Claudia (aka Claudia Schoeling) trying to sell VW parts on eBay. She is based in Germany but sells on UK eBay. Last year, I bought a recon'd VR6 2.9 engine off her, which never arrived, and lost £600 into the bargain! :mad: Still a source of huge annoyance to me.