Sign in to follow this  
jazzdevil

MOT advice needed

While the 'Rado has a winter hiatus and waits for me to save the pennies to overhaul the frankly slop-in-a-bucket brakes and get it fully serviced, I've been driving my old '97 Ibiza Cupra...

it's just about due a new MOT and now the airbag light on the dash is permanently glowing angry red at me - does anyone have any experience of this in a similar era Golf or other VAG-mobile?? I'm not savvy enough to know whether this means the bugger is not arming, the sensor is shagged or what... so now I'm causing mayhem in the village while I dodge potholes incase the steering wheel explodes in my face and my helpful mate then remarked that "that'll fail your MOT then and put both your cars off the road"

so, in an nutshell - is it a MOT failure or should I just pop the bulb out for the test an sort it afterwards?

1 airbag lights are not an MOT fail be it on,off or flashing, its not part of the test in any way

2 if the lights on the bag can't go off

Yes the airbag is not part of the MOT test,as for the fault it could be a number of reasons-all expensive,best plugging into VagCom to find out the problem and dont worry it wont go off in your face.