Sign in to follow this  
joby

New door handle

Just replaced a door handle on the corrado 65 quid ! a bit of a job ( few swear words ) i didnt route the cable right and when i lowered the window it caught the wire, luckily NO damage, only problem was i could`nt use the lock barrel out of the old handle, it just wouldn`t fit in so i have a different lock on the passenger side , good job ive got total closure. After i gave her a good wash and polish and went for a pose, it was nice to catch a subaru impreza driver looking at the corrado, he quickly turned his head when he saw me, IT may be faster but its not as nice to look at, Everybody just seems to stare at these cars, Thats part of the fun of owning a CORRADO . :D

:lol: Did exactly the same when I replaced my door handle - stupid window!! :mad: :D

Surprised you couldn't use the same lock barrel though.

Joby why didn't you go for the passat rear handles if you have total closure, they cost alot less than standard corrado handles and they're delocked as they are the rear door handles. I replaced both handles and mechanisms for £60 and that was using 2 new handles from VAG and 2 mechanisms from a vw breakers I am well pleased with the results they look alot smoother without the lock barrel and if in future they do break again a new handle only costs £20 instead of £65.

Banana man, see ya point But i dont trust my alarm and i didnt fancy pushing the missus through the hatch to open up if out went wrong !

Banana man its not that bad but its a few years old and when i used to leave it on over night it chirped a couple of times as if it was being turned on. but its never falsly gone off but ive asked an auto electrician to look over it but he didnt want to know, its american and called a code alarm, has anyone heard of it ?