Sign in to follow this  
Andyrado g60

Anyone near me - Notts / Mansfield area????

Hi everyone, thought id start the day with a look round the forum as i need to get on here more often really, especially as i brought a red g60 in jan last year on impulse and i have spent all my spare time and money on it since then. Also i have noticed that everyone on here knows someone else on here, and i dont, anyone in Nottingham / Mansfield area, send me a pm as i know no one with a corrado in my area (appart from my dad who brought a valver 2 months ago)!

Well anyway heres what iv done with the car since i brought it this time last year (when i brought the car i had only been driving a year and the insurance was eye watering, but i diddnt care because i loved the corrado- i diddnt even know a g60 existed untill my mate mentionned them a week before i found it and had no clue as to how it worked but liked it as soon as i saw it looking a little sorry for its self in the corner of a forecourt. Being bullied and surrounded by new big bmws and mercs, (the owner (a total tw@t) had it come in in part exchange) so here it is as it stands now and what iv done to it-

89k, tornado red g60, jabba stage 4, 68mm, in-pros up front, race clutch, all performance belts, hoses, leads and gaskets, new intercooler, k+n, powerflex and a cobra 4"bore to a flat oval dtm - cat in the bin, boost and volt up the a pillar, late style bumper with new indicators and fogs, de-badged grille, cristal side repeaters, eyebrow spoiler, 17" bsm katanas, lowerd on g-max 35mm, new alternator, coil and starter motor, uprated headlight loom, rsr outlet - had it for a year and spent more time working on it / spending money on it than i have driving it but i know it will be worth it, nearly finished now and ready to be unleashed! Its had full interior swap to a newer one (black cloth with the dark green - flawless) black interior plastics, full engine swap to a less milage one (sheered woodruff key (key way) on the old engine (112K and had the oppertunity to have this one so i went for it) kept the newer box, pulled the old one out (dropped cross member on my toes which broke two of them while taking engine out, used a few bad words but wasnt down for long) sent new charger to jabba for what ever they do to it to call it stage 4, replaced all gaskets, belts, hoses and leads and threw in a race clutch while i was there. Sent it to d+s bodyworks with a new wing in the boot (bottom corner to badly corroded to repair) for a bodywork tidy up, rubber bump trim removed, and a full hit in the original tornado red, just a few more small bits to do and shes ready to come out to play, look out for me! i need to come on here more often! ANYONE IN NOTTS / MANSFIELD AREA?????

Hi Andyrado, i'm right on your doorstep by the sound of it, I live in mansfield. be nice to have a look at your car sometime if thats ok ? sounds as though your thrilled to bits with your rado (as well you should be !) i bet your mates are green with envy, especially if they have been in it. jabba for the charger no.no.no.no.no g-werks is the place for that pal unless you like them going big badda boom............. i will look out for you.

Cheers Chris.

Crikey I can feel a Notts meet coming up :D

They're all coming out of the woodwork or is global warming to blame :lol:

i'm 2 mins from dave nr j25, there's a few more in notts as well, not to mention my bodyshop guy who's currently got mine for 3 weeks...

scott

Hi - sounds like you've got a nice G60 there!

I'd be up for a Notts meet and should be able to get my brother to bring his as well.

I'm not what you would call on your door step but Leicester isn't that far away from you. (m1 juction 21) sounds a nice G60 you have there......Notts corrado meet guys?????

Hi mate, thats even closer, like 5 miles! me and my rado arnt feeling so lonely now! So you are hucknall way then i take it???

yeah i'm not far from hucknall and theres 2 more local to me but i dont know if their on the forum

wow they are coming out of the woodwork arnt they! i dont think iv seen any of you about, allthough i did go up to mfn?? a while ago, (like 3 months) and spotted a very clean looking yellow one (g60) with black wheels with chrome rims, i had a look round the surrounding groups of people for someone who looked like they were the owner for a quick chat about it but couldnt find them. Was that you mondy??? i had my camera with me that night and got a nice photo of it (hope you dont mind) its still on my cpu actually! There cant be that many yellow ones arround at all now? If it is yours ill stick it on this thread if you want, (when i work out how) it is a cool pick, its kind of jumping out the darkness.

Thanks mondy, its getting there now, especially with the full re-spray that its been having all week! Been up to the bodyshop today and was very impressed, i could have had a shave in it. They said it would be built up and will have recieved the final hand polish by saturday, i cant wait!

Yeah id be well up for a notts meet two, iv never seen more than two corrados in the same place. Just name the time and place guys!

Blackvalver, get back in a rado soon mate.

Kick Up The Rs,

WHOOPS! pressed tab with my elbow by mistake while reaching for the cup of tea and pressed return with the other hand at the same time (to start new sentence) which tabbed to submit, lol.

any way, Kick Up The Rs, nice colour mate! bet it looks well through the windows with that cream leather!

shawshankkid, your about 5 mins from me (down the a38 with no traffic) im just on the outskirts of sutton near the fire station, cant believe there is another 60 so close to me. Yeah thats cool with me mate, name a time and place. Would be good to swap tips, (or you tell me some) and hear another g60 as iv only ever heard mine! Oh and where did you get your wipers as they are one of the final things on my list! Are they the ones of ebay or off a lupo, im not sure which ones to go for?

Oh and with the charger and jabba, when i did this (it was one of the first things i did to the car a year ago) i diddnt know of any other company who did anything to the superchargers, thanks for the heads up about g-werks, allthough i have since found out about them and that they are very good. Only two weeks ago i spent a while on the phone with rob (i think) really helpfull bloke, i brought some of the final few things - k and n filter, belt to go with my 68 pulley (instaed of changing the damper) and an rsr outlet. I think gwerks is where i will be spending my hard earnt in the future two.

daves16v, sorry to hear its off the road - ill save my passenger seat for ya mate!

Its great to hear from so many local owners!

Thanks for writing!

Lets hear from a few more and get this meet organised!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

daves16v, sorry to hear its off the road - ill save my passenger seat for ya mate!

Only had the car 8 weeks and didn't have the intention of putting it on the road until it was up to my usual high standards.

I'll hold you to the lift if the location is down my way.