Sign in to follow this  
Andy T

BBS style alloys for C?

Anyone recommend any BBS style 'spokey' (or replica's) that are good quality?

Really want 16" BBS like the RX2 but not sure If i'm going to be able to stretch to their prices!

cheers

I know what you mwan the RX2's are gorgeous, but cost £400 each! :shock: :shock: :shock:

I know someone who got hold of 3 from a VW breakers (Not a scrapyard) the 4th wheel was wrecked in the accident which wrote the orginal car off, so he had to go to VW to get the new one.

I got all 4 of my BBS RX 16x7 for US $400 for the lot (used)

Just have to keep an eye on the classifieds...

Olympics03_1.sized.jpg

Skye

Just out of curiosity I did a little research and:

RX2 24 lbs 17X8 (couldnt find 16x7?)

RX 19.5 lbs 16x7 (weighed mine)

4.5 x 4 = 18 lbs unsprung weight is a difference you can feel

Just my opinion though :D

Not sure what the weight difference in the tires would be, certainly it would make up a bit of the difference.

Too bad those Kosei K1's don't come in different colours, US$110 each new and 11.5 lbs if I recall!! Not as pretty of course

Edit: my mistake 13.5 lbs each but great price for such a light wheel

Skye

Pics of the K1's ... look great on a white car I think, but then my rally car is white with white compomotives :D

white_corrado_kosei_k1s.jpg

Andy, i currently have BBS 7.5 x 17 RX's fitted to my C. Up until this point however i too was in the same boat as yourself with regard to cost. My answer was to use Stillauto "Racing" alloys of the same size. These are a very high quality alloy and are almost identical to the RX. They have slightly curved spokes which if i am honest i preferred to the RX. South Coast Wheels in Southampton would be able to supply.

Cheers Lads.

I saw a new boxed set of 16" BBS RX2 on ebay, so I bit the bullet, bidded and won them for £720.00, less than half the original price!

I'd be interested to know how much the RX of the same size weighs, I'd of thought that the split rim wheel would of been the same weight or lighter? But whatever the case they must weigh alot less than my Azev A's!

When I was bidding I was contacted by another regular Ebay seller who said he had an identical set for sale(16" 4x100), He's based in sweden but said he would accept £400 for the set including postage.

I thought it sounded dodgy but he promised the sale would be protected by ebay?

Anyone want the Contact details?

cheers,

BTW, Halfords are doing 20% off there wheels inc BBS. I was going to get some BBS RCs + tyres for £740, but there catalogue was outdated and apparently they've stopped doing the 17" RC :x

However, in my Milton Keynes store the offer doesnt include BBS or OZ wheels whereas in the Coventry store it does :?

BTW, Halfords are doing 20% off there wheels inc BBS. I was going to get some BBS RCs + tyres for £740, but there catalogue was outdated and apparently they've stopped doing the 17" RC :x

However, in my Milton Keynes store the offer doesnt include BBS or OZ wheels whereas in the Coventry store it does :?

So tempted to get rims, but promised the mrs a house first :roll: