Sign in to follow this  
robster

Corrado Sidelight Problem

Hi all, Hope you can help :( :oops:

I have lost rear passenger side light (normal light that comes on when lights are switched on), brake, indicators, etc all ok. Have also lost parking light on same side at front if vehicle (dim light that comes on when you switch on lights but not switching on dip/full lights). The wire that is connected to both of these that carries the voltage is the same colour wire blue with black stripe but is showing up on the multimeter as no voltage. To test I have done the following:

Rear lights:

Tested earth - ok

Swapped bulb holder to other side – ok

Checked & changed bulbs – ok

Checked – loom connection to bulb holder – ok

Front lights:

Checked all loom connections – seem fine

Swapped headlights – fine when connected to driver side lamp loom

Bulb fine

I also have a spare headlight switch so swapped this out but still no joy.

Can anyone shed some light on this as I am miffed as to what to do next. All advice taken onboard & appreciated.

Rob

Yea, have an uprated loom but this is happening with ignition turned on but am unable to run engine at moment as charger in G-Werks getting serviced at the moment.

Does this make a difference with yours? ignition fully on ie. one more turn of key to start engine, but no engine running?

Those uprated looms are more hassle than anything else, my worked fine for a couple of weeks then after that started having the same symptons you're describing. Unpluged it connected the original loom up and all was fine. I checked the fuses, connections etc beforehand but couldn't get to the bottom of it :mad:

It went in the bin after that :lol:

Got it sorted :lol:

seems battery had pinched wire going to front dim light. repaired and now sorted. Thanks for help all.