Sign in to follow this  
shephard

i need advice please

i recently bought a light spoiler off some matey who has had it sat around for about a year, i got it today and i was wondering are they meant to be a bit bowed? it may be due to where it has been lying around i dont know but also what is the best way to fit them please, if anyone has any pictures of theres with the bonnet up so i can get an idea please. thanks

think the reiger type had probs with bowing, i think some self tappers through a drilled hole works, other than that, strong double sided would work but i dunno if it`d stay on long

well you dont want your bonnet to touch it as it`ll probably break it but no gap visible really, you can turn the rubber rests on each side of the engine bay for the bonnet to raise or lower the shut line

looks fine base mate, nice colour nice wheels, there never finished though are they? :lol:

BTW you can add more than one pics per post just click ok and attach another

Nice colour mate, blue is the best in my opinion!

Is it just me or in your second pic does it look like your car has two aerials, one in front of the windscreen and the normal one above the rear window?

nowt wrong with the lowly 1.8!!!!

sounds like your talking a bargain,

i`d guess average milage 160kish, cloth, resonable nick, some history i`d say around £1-1.5k

yeah it has i dont have a clue why tho it was there when igot it, not quite sure what colour it is sometimes it looks blue sometimes green, had a few teething problems, bloody heat has stopped blowing out the windscreen for some reason, i bought it as an mot failure didnt realise they are not your normal easy sort of car

no where near i payed £300 for it failed mot on split driveshaft gaitor and bulged break hose, mileage is 150k ish, got her booked in for next tuesday hopefully it will be up and running

£300 then as an mot failure, what did it fail on?

engine no different to golf 2 16v get a haynes to help?

edit: just seen your last post no real probs then £100 would get it passed, dunno why anyone would sell just for that, at least you got it now!

good luck with the new MOT

well this is my first 'rado and you're definately in the right place. If these guys don't know it, it ain't worth knowing. I'm sure someone will help out!

Loving the wheels btw, just the style I'm looking for mine. Very nice!

Where abouts you based, think I've got a haynes manual somewhere for my old golf mk2 16v which might do it?

on the isle of wight mate, one other problem that i think might be a hiccup in mot is it is quite smokey been told it could be rings