Sign in to follow this  
symtheus

G60 Turbo?

Hey,

This is probably gonna sound a bit n00bish but well I can't help it!

I've been thinking about selling my G60 for a while now, my main reason for selling is the fact that I do a fair few miles a year and don't wanna do it in the Rado because of the charger rebuilds etc so it's costing me lots to insure to sit in the garage all week. Now I have been agenising over selling it as quite honestly I don't want to but needs must and all that! Something dawned on me today though :lol: What about fitting a turbo instead of the supercharger?

Now I'm sure this has been posted up a billion times before but the search function aint working properly so I'm forced to post!!

Sorry to ramble!! Anyway I basically want to know what I would need to do this kind of conversion? I have an IHI VF24 in mind for the turbo. What other components am I going to need? And what should I expect from doing such a conversion (better power etc etc), I currently have a big valve head with green tops and a Piper 270 Cam fitted and obvioulsy the S5 Charger (which will need to go!)

Sorry to go on but some advice would be great as this may stop me selling the beast.

Cheers

Tom

Well the G Lader only needs servicing every 40K miles and a service costs about £350. That's an additional 0.009p per mile over a car which doesn't have a G Lader. Doing big mileage in a G60 shouldn't worry you too much. I would have thought an aftermarket turbo with other non-std parts would be more troublesome that making sure the charger's servicing is up to date.

Search seems to be working fine for me mate, just use g60 and turbo in the keyword field.......

PM _Monkey and IHIG60 on here, as they are running IHI turbo conversions on their G60 rados or VEEDUBBED as has lots of experience with building turbo conversions.

Cheers and HTH