Sign in to follow this  
2_Door_fun

After accident

As it sez on the tin.

Aftwr my recent argument with a Clio (not my fault) The car is priced at 3k to fix. With luck it will be a cat D write off. I shall be rebuilding it what sought of procedure do I go through to put it back on the RD? ie is it an MOT or something more in depth??

Cheers all.

Nothing at all mate, if the current MOT is in date. If not simply re mot it.

If its a cat C you may have to do a VIC check where they check the vin numbers are right but this is only if you have to surrender your logbook, as its your car you have crashed and are keeping it you will probably not have to surrender the V5 and it probably wont get recorded ie it will still be HPI clear.

Jimmi..............

Oh.

Cheers bud. Really that simple wow.

Its just a new bumper, bonett n slam panel, lights n stuff. Well actually both fogs survived plus indicator was hanging out no lens but the thing still flashed :lol:

Thats great if it needs to go for a VIN check is that just to a local MOT station?

if it's a CAT C, it'll need inspecting by someone from VOSA... I'm going to have to do this when I get J-DUB back into one piece... 8)

If it needs a VIC check you will neeed to pay a £31-00 (ish) fee and fill in a -Application for a vehicle idenity check (VIC) - form and send it to your local DVLA office look on http://www.vosa.gov.uk for yours.

Car doesnt have to be fully repaired it just needs to be able to move under its own power and be near enough in one piece, nothing mechanical or repair wise is checked only the ID numbers to make sure the car isnt a stinker, its a farce really when i first heard it was goin to come out i thought they where going to check the accident repairs on the cars as well just to make sure no-one put any 2 halfer's or dodgy motors back on the road but they simply dont care !

have you got the bits to repair your car mate? ill have a bumper, front panel lights etc if you need them.

Jimmi................

check with your insurer too as some will want a fresh mot done if it has been declared a write off.

Best of luck

JIMMI, is that definitely true about the VIC? I need one but have been putting it off because I haven't sorted my dents yet, but if you're right I can sort this out ASAP and stop worrying about it.

JIMMI, is that definitely true about the VIC? I need one but have been putting it off because I haven't sorted my dents yet, but if you're right I can sort this out ASAP and stop worrying about it.

Definatly correct mate, i deal in bike salvage and when they need to go for a VIC check they are pretty bare, infact some of them go up straight from auction !! make sure its nice and clean under the bonnet and stuff as they dont like manky stuff !!

Jimmi.............