Sign in to follow this  
inky

RONAL 17" AUDI TT WHEELS

Have just bought a Passat vr6 and got a set of 17" Ronal audi tt wheels and tyres thrown in as well as the ones on the car......need some advice as these have 205/40/17 tyres on and are 5 stud...if I buy spacers will i be able to fit them on my G60???? (4 stud) and if so will the size of them and/or size of tyres cause any problems...any help very much appreciated! :?

No, you won't get them on a G60.

The offset is 35ish if it's off a piss-rat VR6, so they'll only fit on a VR6 Corrado.

Theyve not been on the car he bought them a few days ago they are off a Audi tt is there no way i can get them to fit at all????

You can buy 20mm adapters to go from 4x100 - 5x100 so if there not to wide there is a chance to get them on your g60.

What width are the rims?

I still really doubt they's work without archwork, as they will stick out like 9ish inch rims!

20mm adapters will make them offset ET12 which will stick out too far past the arches, so the arches would need pulled to pass as MOT and expect significant rubbage and clearance issues unless arches rolled and plulled, even with skinny tyres on.

Et12 on a moderatly lowered corrado and a 7 - 7.5" rim will not fail any mot. Although i agree there could be some scrubbing if A- the car runs very low B-The arch's are untouched,

We usally run an 8" @ et20 on the front of a rado so a 7" @ et12mm will actually sit 13mm futher in than that.

Until the width is known its very hard to sugest wether there will be any scrubbing.

OK...i'm a woman!!!! as the tyres are 205/40/17 does that mean the width is 8"? Athough the tyres are low profile it is possible the rims are actually 7.5".....on the inner of the rims it does say 7.5 ??17...any use???

If off a TT they are likely to be 7.5 or 8" wide wheels, so should have said dep on dith will have scrubbage problems and should also have said will in ly fail MOT if tyre/wheel past edge of arch.

good..but have you got 4 or 5 stud originally and if 4 is there any rubbing/issues with arches etc mines a G60 and am getting some conflicting advice...I'd love to use these as they cost me nothing and are 100% better than the bbs's....

and if 4 stud then what spacers etc did you use??

still dont know if i can get these to fit as i have 4 stud and they are 5....so have no idea what to do with them!

so...how does everyone else with a g60 manage to put 17" rims on theirs then if they are all 4 stud and they get hold of some nice 5 stud ones.....dont forget i'm a woman and although the engine holds no fear the wheels are another matter entirely!!

most people don't fit 17" 5-stud wheels to their 4-stud 16V / G60 rado as to do this requires the use of 4-stud (4x100 PCD as on 16V/G60 rado's) to 5-stud (5x100PCD as on VR6 rado's, MK3 Golf, MK4 Golf / Bora, Audi TT, older Passat etc) adapters / convertors. The offset achieved through using 20mm thick off-the-shelf adapters will mean the offset of wheels if e.g et32 (as you stated previously) is reduced by 20mm, making them offset et12.

The PROPER way to get the wheels on the car would be to do a 4-stud to 5-stud hub conversion (needs few parts for front, but only new discs for rear) then wheels will fit straight on with the fitting or clearance issues at all. Also, there will then be a much wider range of alloy wheels available to you to fit, as 5x100PCD is a more common wheel-spacing, esp. among VAG circles.

Hope this clears things up and helps a bit !

I've got a spare set of the same Ronal TT wheels (if they're the ones with 6 spokes) and they are definitely 7.5J wide, (they're stored in the spare room at home & just went had a look after reading this thread)...don't know whether this helps you.

One other thing worth remembering is that they seem to be quite heavy ole wheels (very solidly made though), so by the time you get them on with spacers etc might affect your handling a bit.

Good luck anyway!