Sign in to follow this  
joby

Your opinions on Subaru Impreza

I was putting in better times than standard turbo scoobies at santa pod with 15" wheels , chip, de-cat, exhaust S4 charger Inductionb kit and AMDchip with the back seats and spair wheel removed and a bit of octane booster= they were around the low 15 seconds and i managed 14.9 seconds.

Made me chuckle! :twisted:

They are good cars but terrible to look at in side - look like taxi inside but thats not what there all about....

Drove a Tommi Makinen EVo 6 once from luton to Dartford and that was alot of fun! :twisted:

Impreza is a heavily modded family saloon, recently had a run in a 265bhp import. Yes the kids could get to school very, very quickly and it would waste my VR6. They are two cars born to do different things. Autobahn cruiser (VR6) and to sell enough so Subaru can enter WRC with a WRC. The Impreza just dosen't feel the same. Horrible red and silver rattly interier, good seats and a great noise. Corrado looks good, sounds good, feels great, does exactly what it set out to do. (says on the tin etc.)

The extra power and 4WD with Corrado road confidence would do nicely but some magazines say that is the Fiat Coupe Turbo, The good one, if Fiat and good can be linked. EVO V/VI win anyday! A real rally car made from a family saloon.

I had a '95 impreza WRX 2 years ago, but sold it to finance a house move... i miss the sound more than anything..., but the handling and raw power were superb..3000 rpm then good bye!! I dont miss the 6 points i gained in 3 months, I dont miss the fact that everyone expects you to race them... and i dont miss the repair and fuel costs.. i was told the clutch was an engine out job at around 8 hours...ouch.. saying that... i may well borrow a bit of equity out of the house, and sneak off and buy another one... :lol:

Hmmm....

Been tempted to go and have a look at a brand new 03 WRXSti that one of the dealers,who I know fairly well,has brought here.

Just can't shake off that feeling of knowing that,if I were to buy it,that it would give off that"look at me,I have a really fast car and a very small appendage"factor. :lol:

Yeah,they might be very quick and also handle well,but I can't help feeling that it's just for the Max factor/playstation generation who would like to get their grubby little hands on it and stuff it into the nearest wall.

If I had the money,I would prefer to go and put a deposit down on the georgeous pearl black R32 that the VW dealer has taken delivery of.

It's got nearly as much go but is far more subtle about it 8) 8)

"look at me,I have a really fast car and a very small appendage"

:lol: lol

exactly why you dont get a scoob, vette, nsx or viper.

My two pennies worth;

Get a Z-Engineering 'charger fitted to a VR6, some brakes that work and you'll be as quick (in the dry at least) as an NSX or Scooby WRX STi.

I've proved it at Snetterton on an Evo Active trackday. NSX driver was understandably miffed. :lol:

As luck would have it there's a nice red VR so equipped in 'cars for sale' :wink:

The guy who was bragging about his 14.9s 1/4 mile times, have a look here . Try matching Harvey's 11.74 and just shy of 180mph Vmax.

I know what some of you are saying about the image, but I don't give a sh!t about image. Mine will be black, PPP'd, debadged, lightly tinted, silver alloys and I might even loose the rear wing. I will miss my C, but after 9 years it's time for a change.

Hmmm....

Been tempted to go and have a look at a brand new 03 WRXSti that one of the dealers,who I know fairly well,has brought here.

Just can't shake off that feeling of knowing that,if I were to buy it,that it would give off that"look at me,I have a really fast car and a very small appendage"factor. :lol:

Yeah,they might be very quick and also handle well,but I can't help feeling that it's just for the Max factor/playstation generation who would like to get their grubby little hands on it and stuff it into the nearest wall.

If I had the money,I would prefer to go and put a deposit down on the georgeous pearl black R32 that the VW dealer has taken delivery of.

It's got nearly as much go but is far more subtle about it 8) 8)

I've heard with a wee chip and exhaust your looking a 270bhp+ on the R32 should be more than a match for a scooby then

Sandy G60

went to my mates opening of his new bar last night and there was a lovely jet black r32 parked next to a 996 turbo outside talk about a nice line up but the r32 is very nice and i like the understated look of it too, bit of a shock too, it was a five door and it looked ok the view from the rear/side looked better than the 3 door in my opinion but i would still go for the 3 door if i ever have the money..... just manage the family man comments. :D

harvey has 2 cars i believe.

it was the first uk over 500 and made 533 at well lane when i was there the other week.

It doesn't boost till quite late but then its off with a bang.

The work is all done by himself inc mapping. think he owns a enguineering company in scotland

Impreza's i like. P1's i love. Strip times? b****x mate, its all about the driver.

???so what your saying is a shit hot driver in something like a saxo and a not so good driver in a ferrari is going to get bolown away on the strip by the saxo???i think not..btw the evo was putting in some good times band the rocco still blew him away.. :)

no,m that comment wasnt actually directed at you bud, but my point is, the only match for times that is spot on would be if you piloted both cars and had the same amount of experience with both. If i took my car on the strip for the first time an i could be beaten by an experienced driver in something slower, so that really aint make my car slow. it'd make me rubbish on the strip :D