Sign in to follow this  
dnac

25MPG from 2ltr 16v, is that too low?

I used to get 15-18 mpg in my old corrado. And you are concerned about 25. lol

I would expect to get 15 to 18 if i was thrashing it all the time, but its just returned 54 miles from the last £10 worth, and that is just normal driving to work, 7 miles each way, my 1.8T passat does 30 mpg doing the same trip, and thats got aircon!!

Given the cost of the GSF one i'd definately get the VW part as its not much much more.. and probably less likely to be a duffer!

If it helps, I used to avg 22-23 in my VR... does sound a bit bad, from similar VW's, I'd be expecting 30-odd...

Everyone has the choice of which car they drive don't they? I don't give a flying f**k how many miles I get to a gallon of VPower, I buy it, I burn it, I buy some more.

You want economy, buy a TDi. You want a Corrado, live with it!

At the end of the day I agree that the Corrado is a performance coupe, but a wheezy old 2.0 16v engine struggling to get better overall MPG than a 2.9l V6 is something to investigate and get fixed. Its not just "the way it is".

If a sensor or something is off somewhere then it'd be nice to sort it. I enjoy spending money on my car to improve it, but would prefer not to pi$$ it away on petrol when I don't need to!

The only time I ever saw more than 30s from the VR was following my mate down the motorway in his wife's Micra so we had to drive slow! Normally the best is 26/27 and daily use returns 23/24. It's just one of those things I guess. The S3 is pretty much the same too, 27 seems to be a good number, I reckon to use between 30 and 40 gallons of VPower a week!

The only time I ever saw more than 30s from the VR was following my mate down the motorway in his wife's Micra so we had to drive slow! Normally the best is 26/27 and daily use returns 23/24. It's just one of those things I guess. The S3 is pretty much the same too, 27 seems to be a good number, I reckon to use between 30 and 40 gallons of VPower a week!

1000 miles a week????? jesus wept :shock:

ive seen 42mpg from Jade's '92 2.0 16v on the Aylesbury -> Southampton trip

normally see anywhere between 18-25 on the trip to work (2 miles so not even warmed up!)

A colleague sent me an email from Oz last week saying that he'd read of people putting Acetone into their fuel tanks to significantly increase the fuel economy and improve performance.

Since this stuff is highly volatile, and since he can't remember where he read it, I'm loathe to try it myself...